Weights on 24'RB

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Rich Flaugh

Weights on 24'RB

Post by Rich Flaugh »

We recently took delivery on a new 24' RB coach. It's our 3rd Born Free (you might say we are satisfied customers). We sold our 36' diesel pusher last fall and went back to a BF unit because it fit our upcoming travel plans a little better.

Our 24'RB is set up with 2 couches so we can use the coach as a "people hauler" once in a while. The coach typically goes to Canada once or twice a year with 6-8 fishermen pulling a boat. Recently I weighed the coach with driver only (full fuel, water, LP and about 70 lbs on the hitch) I loaded up 7 of my fishing friends and weighed it again (the 7 passengers averaged 226 lbs. each). I couldn't get four corner weights and for now I'm assuming a fairly equal side to side distribution.

Coach (driver only)--Front axle 3220#, rear 8920#, total 12140#
Coach (8 people) Front axle 3900#, rear 9820#, total 13720#

This is about what I expected based on previous experience. I'm 220 lbs over on the rear axle (9600# spec.). My plan is to minimize water and move the heaviest passengers forward when I'm fully loaded. Hitch load really multiplies rear axle weight and needs to be monitored. Fully loaded I'll be running about 60# in the front and 80# in the rear tires. My guess is that a lot of Class C units (especially with a long rear overhang) are over on the rear axle.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”