2013 25 Rear Bath with Slide

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Hawkeye111

2013 25 Rear Bath with Slide

Post by Hawkeye111 »

Had a really neat time at the Homecoming at Humboldt hosted by Dodgen. Saw 4 new models and all have some of the new features that are being introduced for 2013. My focus was on the 25' Rear Bath with Slide. I am very impressed with almost everything about the unit with only one exception. The basement storage area that was under the Sofa is no longer available as the Slide (and the Sofa in the Slide) occupy that basement space. But even considering that the major improvements elsewhere and the Slide and the very comfortable sofa/lounging chairs/bed will cause me to at least do a price estimate with BF. Very impressive and a really good time seeing so many of the BF owers and Club members. By the way, the slide causes the unit to have levelers installed as standard. Bath is really greatly improved, as is the back up camera, and many other features
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

Where can interested Born Free customers / fans learn about the new features each year? Are they posted online somewhere?
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

I am well aware of how to find their website. I was asking where a list of changes in the 2013 model year might be available.
whemme

Post by whemme »

I am also at the Born Free factory homecoming rally and agree with Hawkeye111 above that the interior features of the 2013 models are really attractive. I guess the best way to see these changes and new features is to attend this event every year. Looking at a list of changes would not be as enlightening as viewing the changes first hand.
Last edited by whemme on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Just trying to be helpful jalan. No offense intended.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

None taken at all. I appreciate the response. Just interested is all. Love our coach and always like to keep up on the latest improvements.
charlesbell

2013 25' rear bath with slide

Post by charlesbell »

Jalan, There was a hand out at the rally listing the changes. I'm sure B.F. will gladly mail you a copy. Better yet, as you are nearby in Des Moines, go see for yourself :-)
Charles / Cape Canaveral, Florida 2013 23FL
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

We also were at the factory rally and keep in mind that although the new coach interiors were really super, they are still working on more upgrades and changes for the 2013 models. Born Free has taken a giant leap into the 21st century. What a great time was had by all attending. Kudos to the Born Free team.
Mel & Connie
thestoloffs

Post by thestoloffs »

So, when can those of us who couldn't make it to the Rally get to see this list of changes? It isn't on the BF web site yet.

If BF doesn't decide to do a mailing to existing owners, would someone please post the list here?

Thanks!
Marilynn & Gerry Stoloff
Coconut Creek, FL
Former owner of 26' Mobility
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

I scanned in the feature list and you can download it below. Check out item number 22. I had a difficult time locating this item.

This was my first rally and I must say that Born Free did a bang-up job. I definitely will be attending next year.

Many thanks to all the dedicated staff.
Attachments
2013_BornFree_Features.pdf
2013 Feature List
(78.65 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Did they do anything to enclose the black and gray water holding tanks and associated pluming to protect them from freezing temps when you are camping?

That has been my biggest gripe about BF coaches, totally unprotected plumbing!
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

thestoloffs wrote:So, when can those of us who couldn't make it to the Rally get to see this list of changes? It isn't on the BF web site yet.

If BF doesn't decide to do a mailing to existing owners, would someone please post the list here?

Thanks!
It would be nice to have a year-by-year summary of changes [similar to what Andy Baird put together for Lazy Daze] for people looking for used units as well as changes in new models. Not all of us live in or near Iowa.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Tom, thank you for the download!! :D
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

mockturtle wrote:
thestoloffs wrote:So, when can those of us who couldn't make it to the Rally get to see this list of changes? It isn't on the BF web site yet.

Thanks!
It would be nice to have a year-by-year summary of changes [similar to what Andy Baird put together for Lazy Daze] for people looking for used units as well as changes in new models. Not all of us live in or near Iowa.
For what it is worth, such a year to year summary would be somewhat incorrect or very complicated. BF make running changes in details and equipment during a model year. My rig has variances from initial 2011 and other changes occurred during the year. Not really a complaint, just an observation.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”