New design decals being considered for new Born Free coaches

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bfadmin
Site Admin

New design decals being considered for new Born Free coaches

Post by bfadmin »

I have just received the following information from Brandon Dodgen at the Born Free factory. Please view the message and 4 provided photos below. If so inclined, please respond with follow up posts to this topic with your opinions.
Attachments
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg (352.09 KiB) Viewed 15894 times
Picture 3.jpg
Picture 3.jpg (434.16 KiB) Viewed 15895 times
Picture 2.jpg
Picture 2.jpg (266.76 KiB) Viewed 15895 times
Last edited by bfadmin on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

As stated, they are different. However; I am of the school that wants less and not more in the way of decals. My 9 year old BornFree only shows its age where the decals are curling at the edges.

Also would like to know when the "exciting news" will be revealed.

Jim
troutman1971

Post by troutman1971 »

I am a fan of simple design. This in my opinion is too bold. I think this will look dated very quickly.
Mark

2003 26 RSB
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Thanks for the chance for review --- As for me I really don't like the " new " decal. My 2004 has a simple design and I have had many positive comments on them from people who just pass-by and comment. I know that the gaudy decals on many of the other makes of coaches get negative comments from the public. Just my opinion.
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

Two definite "NO" votes here.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
grross

Post by grross »

The new decals look like your intent is to compete with RV Rentals for mobile advertising space. If this is what future BFs will look like, I am not sure I would ever consider replacing my current BF
2008 27' RBRE V-10
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

The decals on my 2001 and current decals give the BF's a streamlined look. With a "big box" (no insult intended) a design that conveys motion is more pleasing. Black on a white background just looks cheap, but even with colors the design is just too big for the vehicle.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
jjhepkin

New Design Decals

Post by jjhepkin »

I think the new Lion is too bold. Less is Best.
John & Janet Hepkin

2009 28' RSB Kodiak Chassis 8.1L
Previously owned 2004 Chinook Destiny
tomdclark

Post by tomdclark »

Far too bold! Looks like a circus truck.
grross

Post by grross »

Sam...great comment!!!! Maybe they are trying to give us a good chuckle.
2008 27' RBRE V-10
Laker

Post by Laker »

Well, when I first saw it, I thought it was no good. However, after looking at it some more and comparing it with some other manufacturers who have the garish full coach paint, I am starting to like it.

Yes, it is bold and aggressive, but very recognizable.

I know I am in the minority, minority so please don't "hate" on me for these comments.

Simple graphics on a non painted coach have the advantage of easy repair if you ever have an accident. I could live with this.

I am a big golf fan, go to the Masters Tournament in Augusta GA each spring. I am a fan a PGA Professional Ricky Fowler. This graphic is very similar to his hat / shirt logo.

I could see buying this coach and following the tour.

I will at FMCA on Tuesday next week looking to buy a coach. It will be interesting to discuss this logo with Scott who I understand will be there.
Last edited by Laker on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for 2011 or newer RSB

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

I really do not like any of those options, so much so that I probably wouldn't consider a Born Free with them on it and I LOVE our Born Free. I personally prefer Born Free units to have some color, I think that too much white makes it look like a vehicle for dog grooming or a handyman.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen
jeffcarp

Post by jeffcarp »

One other comment that I want to make since the original post made reference to BF wanting to reflect their owner's personalities....I personally, would be almost embarrassed to drive a BF around with those decals. To me, I would feel like people would be thinking that I tried to save money by skipping the paint job. And I would agree with them.

We sold our Roadtrek to buy the BF and the first reaction my wife had to the 2011 BF was "but it is SO much white" but she came to be fine with it. I think this would solicit an immediate "nope - no way" reaction from her. I reread the issue post here when I first saw them to see if it was a joke or a promo of some type.

Despite loving our BF, I DID think that the Roadtrek was beautiful. It was a very simple two-tone with some minor decal striping. I'd love to see BF go the other way and offer some basic two-tone color schemes. Their lack of a paint facility is probably a real hang-up when it comes to that which is really unfortunate.

To me, the Leisure Travel Vans Unity model almost NAILS it when it comes to color and graphic styling. I could even do without their 2 simple curves on the side. To me, it is simple, elegant, understated but striking in my opinion. http://www.leisurevans.com/unity/index.html

I support BF not going the way of Winnebago with the styling. But I'd like to see them classy it up a notch like LTV. This proposed styling does stand-out, I will give them that but in my opinion, it stands out for exactly the wrong reasons. I simply wouldn't drive one.
2011 Born Free 22' Rear Side Kitchen
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

If our comments are typical just how did Born Free come up with such an unpopular design?
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Fortyniner

Post by Fortyniner »

Many negative comments, and rightfully so. Like someone said, looks like a traveling circus wagon. If they follow through with that design, we will have to cancel our order for a new one. :shock:
Tom & Helga Schmidt

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”