Questions from New owners

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Jean & Leroy

Questions from New owners

Post by Jean & Leroy »

Has anyone solved the problem of the shower curtain clinging to you if you open the vent?

Also, I seem to remember a discussion awhile back about curtains that cover the cab area that people thought worked better than the installed ones.
Hike

Post by Hike »

I have the bathroom vent open all the time and it doesn't cause a problem with the curtain but I don't turn on the fan until I get out of the shower. I also leave a bit of extra space between the first and second velcro fastenings on the curtain, in other words, don't pull the curtain tight when fastening it. This allows air to come through there instead of moving the curtain in.

I have replaced my front curtains with the Easy Curtain. You can check them out at www.easycurtain.net. They are easy to put up and leave the entire dash area open increasing your living space a bit.
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

Dorothy, I tried your Easy Curtain link but it didn't work. I remember you giving the link some time in the past and I couldn't get through then either. Do you have a phone number for them instead?

Thanks.
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

I was able to connect to the URL which should be: http://www.easycurtain.net (no slash at the end).
Last edited by KTnLen on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MB & Tony

Re: Questions from New owners

Post by MB & Tony »

[quote="Jean & Leroy"]Has anyone solved the problem of the shower curtain clinging to you if you open the vent?

We installed small white stick-on hooks on either side of the curtain on the inside shower wall. Then attached a string the width of the curtain, with a loop tied at each end, onto one hook. When using the shower, pull the curtain, hook the string onto each hook. When using the fan, the curtain stays put....Hope this helps....
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

Thanks Dorothy, I did get to the Easy Curtain web site, but now I'm confused. This is a site that directs you to other retailers. From your post, I thought there was a curtain called the Easy Curtain that you specifically used to replace your coach curtains. Can you give me a larger hint as to which retailer you used and some direction as to what curtain this actually is?

I think I'm dense this morning . . . Sorry!
Randy Wilson

Post by Randy Wilson »

The original url (www.easycurtain.net) is the correct one. It does work as I just tested it. We, too, are using this curtain, but not all the time. It's fairly easy to put in place, but it's not quite as easy as it appears. The best features are the extra space that is available all the way to the dash and the total exclusion of light from the forward area. Combining it with black felt covers that we made for the side windows provides a very dark sleeping space, even in brightly lighted areas.
norijake

Post by norijake »

The url www.easycurtain.net is correct but you will have to remove the ./ at the end, enter the url manually instead of clicking on the link in the previous post or click on the link in this post :)

Jake
2004 26' RB
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

I finally made the .net work. Thanks for all the help! I may look into this curtain . . .

I put together a make-shift version of this using the telescoping nylon sun shades and velcro. I bought several pairs of shades at Wal Mart, sewed "rough" edged strips at each corner on each piece and simply stick the panels to the carpet on whatever windows I need to cover. I have enough to cover every window in the coach. It took me awhile to sew and I know Greg thinks I'm crazy, but we can darken the entire interior of the coach when we leave the dogs inside - helps keep them calm.
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Just wanted to add my comments...I too bought the Easy Curtain and am extremely pleased with it. Not only is it easy to use, but what I really like is the fact that when you remove it you can roll it up & put it behind one of the chairs out of the way till the next time. Plus, I really like having all that additional air space & access to the cab area. I'd buy it again for sure. Now what I'd like is something I could put on the window areas of my RSB bedroom area. The Day/Night shades do not make me feel comfortable when changing clothes etc....
Any ideas? All comments are appreciated....
Jean & Leroy

Post by Jean & Leroy »

Thanks, everyone.
Jean & Leroy

Post by Jean & Leroy »

Thanks, everyone.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”