Does anybody carry a firearm in their BF when they travel ?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Roger

Post by Roger »

Some folks like to be prepared others are content to be victims.
1999 24RB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I don't think Mr. Higbie and I are "content to be victims." We use our heads and know when we are under a real threat. We avoid those situations where we have knowledge that a real threat exists. That is called being cautious instead of fearful and reactionary.

Mel and Bill may close this thread as well! This issue is one almost everyone has strong feelings about. Like the partisan politics we have today when neither side is willing to consider an opposing view without launching into a name calling brawl.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

One reason that inhabited RVs are not broken into as often as houses is that it's well known that RV-ers tend to be armed. RVs in storage facilities are frequently broken into.

A friend of mine had his motorhome invaded twice last winter while he was sleeping. He did not have his weapon with him because he was in Mexico. I think he used a cast iron skillet to chase the guy out.

BTW, no one is forcing anyone else to carry a weapon in their RV. Thankfully, it's still a free country and those of us who choose to still have the right just as you have the right not to.

As a woman who travels and camps alone, I have a three-tiered defense system:
1. Early warning system [dog]
2. Deterrent [bear spray]
3. Last resort [firearm]
William Higbie

Post by William Higbie »

I have the best defense system to thwart break-ins. I have a 96 RSB, and I tow a 2000 Honda Accord. Only people that would break into my RV are the desperate and the dummies. Its nice to own a old wonderful hi quality RV, and a great old car. PS my second car is a 2002 Odyssey, and my house is 37 years old. On top of that I am old. When I go camping its like the antique road show. I sure dont have alot of valuables in my RV. My camera might be the most valuable thing on board.
Charlie & Nancy

Post by Charlie & Nancy »

I've not heard of oven spray cleaner, but I have heard of people using wasp spray. It reaches quite a ways farther than most sprays.
bbwolf

Post by bbwolf »

I also travel with the most terrifying weapon of all. My German/Irish wife.... She scares the livin' heck out of me.....
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

In Mexico, because a motor home invasion is a real threat I would not travel there. I avoid the threat by avoiding the situation. I like the frying pan idea, though. No gun was needed! Unoccupied motor homes are broken into because they are just that, unoccupied. The term "broken into" describes a burglary when the perpetrator is almost certain the house or motor home is unoccupied. If occupied, then it would be an invasion or robbery. If it is "well known" that RV'ers are well armed then I don't need to carry a gun. Kind of like having a sign in your yard that you have a security system when you do not. How is the bad guy going to know? Thanks to all of you who carry! One good thing I have learned is that oven cleaner or wasp spray is as good as a gun, doesn't require registration, can be taken into Canada (I would think, but haven't checked with Canadian law) and if the feared motor home invader snatches it away from me he probably can't kill me.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”