93 24' Rear Bunk Switch Question

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

The Libals

Post by The Libals »

OK, so I got in there last night and realized I've been slightly dumb in not opening the little black box... So in a moment of enlightenment, I opened it and discovered a set of handwritten instructions describing each and every switch. Each switch turns on a different tank heater! One for fresh, one for grey, and one for black water. Each fused. So, mystery solved! Thanks so much everyone for your input! On to my next project. The rig came with a pillar-mounted swivel spot light that wouldn't swivel the light out and back in. I actually took that apart last night and discovered the inner gear near the light was seized up. So I managed to break it loose and subsequently regreased everything and put it back together. Unfortunately as soon as I tried to turn it on, all the lights went dim followed by a pop... So somehow, somewhere, the light is shorting out to ground on the switch, so I'll have to take things apart again and figure that one out... At least the light swivels again! :)
William Higbie

Post by William Higbie »

Libals,

Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes mysterious world of owning a Motorhome. Having tank heaters can be nice. Wonder what temp it keeps the fresh water tank. Does it keep hot water heater tank heated also, since it is a container that can freeze.

Bill
The Libals

Post by The Libals »

Thanks. This is RV #2 for my family and I, and a HUGE upgrade over the last. My previous was a 1998 21' Tahoe Lite travel trailer that was essentially bare-bones... The biggest problem with it was the poor build-quality. I bought it with a little soft spot in the floor and some previous water damage near the front. By the time I sold it the front had rotted away against all my best efforts, the soft spot near entrance had grown exponentially, and a new soft spot completely killed the floor in the bathroom, most likely from the sandwiched space between the floor and the holding tanks. I practically gave it away. This motor home is a much more significant investment, but it is so much better built it's shocking and glaringly obvious. I absolutely desire Elsa to stay at 100% and as such will be taking it to RV shops for regular service and will be waxing it at least once a year to keep the skin shiny. I plan on keeping this until my boy grows up at the very least, and then perhaps I'll upgrade to a newer Born Free. The rear bunk is perfect for Isaac if he wants to bring a friend camping and it's the only Born Free I've yet seen with rear bunks.
Horton

Great news!

Post by Horton »

Congratulations Libals - glad you realized your dream! Your BF looks like its in great shape. Hope you enjoy many care free years/trips.
(Isaac is a cutie - bet he is on cloud 9!)

Safe travels - see you down the road.
The Libals

Post by The Libals »

Thanks! Elsa is in fantastic shape. Isaac is definitely in love too. Our first trip was a huge success and I'm looking forward to the next, and then the next, and so on. 8)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”