emergancy service on the road.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mi99amigo

more spare tire talk

Post by mi99amigo »

Please forgive me for a few newbie questions, concerning a spare tire. What type of rims does one buy? Are they the same for front and back? They don't look the same. If differnt, then I'd have to have two??

Is it possible to mount the spare tire on the roof ladder?

Is the rear bumper strong enough to suport the weight of the tire?

For storage reasons, I'd rather not store it under the couch. I 'might' be able to haul it up to the roof, not sure. I'd have to frbricate some sort of back pack straps :oops:
whemme

Post by whemme »

Chris,

The front and rear wheel rims on the Fored E-350 and E-450 chassis are all the same wheel, even though they may not look like it. I bought a new Ford rim and a new Firestone Steeltex LT225R/16E tire from my local Firestone dealer about 6 years ago for a total I believe of about $300.00 for a spare. I thought about putting it up on top of the rig but gave up that idea after discovering how heavy this tire and rim were. Like I indicated in an earlier post, I keep this spare along the forward wall under the sofa on the left side of our 2002 BF 26' RSB unit.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I'm sure they're listening. I spoke to someone a week ago and when I told them I was interested in storage for a spare, they told me they could help me out with a case of some sort for the roof. I'd buy the thing and have the seller put it up there, and then if I had a flat, I'll call Good Sam's ERS and have them get it down. But at least I'll still have it.

:)
Bill Ruh

roof-mounted spare

Post by Bill Ruh »

FWIW, here's a picture of our roof-mounted spare and cover:

The tire bolts to a roof bracket and the cover clamps to the tire.

The tire and rim is heavy, but I'm not an olympic weightlifter. :)
LeAnn

company assistance

Post by LeAnn »

It has been my experience with this company that they are reliable and listen to the customer. They are more than happy to custom the order to the specifications of the customer. Dodgen Industries focuses on the customer, service and the quality of RV they offer.

If one wanted a spare and to have the company assist with it, I'm certain they would accomodate one's wishes and be able to give you numerous options.

LeAnn

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”