Lazydays RV Email

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bcope01

Lazydays RV Email

Post by bcope01 »

Received an unsolicited email from Lazydays RV, http://lazydays.com

Since they are now selling Born Frees through their location, got me to wondering if they have access to the email addresses on the Leap'n Lions RV Club membership roster.

Anyone else getting these unsolicited emails?

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Bill,

As you know, our roster is listed in the password proctected section of our club website but in todays world of technology your guess is as good as mine as to where and how they obtained your address. I have not received any such email but would like to know if the content was generic or just Born Free information of interest.
Mel & Connie
Tom and Jennifer Pierpan

Lazydays RV Email

Post by Tom and Jennifer Pierpan »

We have received two unsolicited emails from Lazydays today. I have now marked these as Spam. I would hope that the Born Free did not share my email with Lazydays.
Jennifer Pierpan
army

Post by army »

I also have received two unsolicited emails from Lazydays in the past few days. While I've been registered on this website for awhile, I just recently (Dec) joined the Leap'n Lions RV Club. Any connection there?
whemme

Post by whemme »

I also have received the two emails from Lazydays advertising their Born Free Rally at their Tampa, FL campground scheduled for February 22-24, 2013. There also is a new posting about this event on our website at the request of Brandon Dodgen from the Born Free factory. It is posted under the title Tampa, FL Born Free RV Rally - February 22 - 24, 2013 in the section titled 2013 Born Free Factory Sponsored Rallies.

Both John and Wanda Dodgen & Dodgen Industries are listed on our Club Membership Roster as members of our Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club and therefore would have access to the roster info via the special password available to club members only - the same as any other club member.

A second similar event at the Lazydays facility in Tucson, AZ on March 1-3, 2013 will probably be posted later. Since I am in Phoenix during that time, I may attend that rally since it is only a 120 mile drive to Tucson from Phoenix.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Have not posted for a good while, but did yesterday, and interestingly also received two emails of the subject nature later in the day ~ coincidence?
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
Hawkeye111

Email Addresses

Post by Hawkeye111 »

As secretary and keeper of the Membership Roster, I can assure all that nobody can access the Membership computer files except myself and Dean Preston (he can only when my survivor sends him the Leap' Lions Club computer files and paper files if I get hit by a truck--there are instructions on how and what to do if such an event occurs).

But accessing the Member rosters on the club web site is possible, if the password security has been lost. I would vote for a more frequent change of passwords, or better yet, restricting access to only current dues paid members (not an inexpensive process to invoke, as it would require Membership files to be "online" so the web site would have real time access).

Perhaps the better thing to do is to have our President Dean Preston to contact Lazy Days and ask them where they are getting the email addresses and to please cease and desist and to notify Dodgen to have them request the same.
Jay
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Just an update, I received a 2nd Lazydays email after my original post above. Here is what they looked like (screen shot of the beginning of each):

Bill
Attachments
Second Email from Lazydays RV
Second Email from Lazydays RV
email 2.jpg (228.77 KiB) Viewed 20859 times
First Email from Lazydays RV
First Email from Lazydays RV
email 1.jpg (342.98 KiB) Viewed 20859 times
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

One more thing, it is possible they got my email address directly from the BF factory, since I have been in contact with it via email over the years.

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
tomdclark

Post by tomdclark »

I have also received the unsolicitd emails from Lazydays and immediately spammed them.

I would point out that the email address of a poster on this forum is readily availabe at the botton of the post via the profile or email button there (assuming one has supplied the email address in the member profile).

I suspect, however, that Lazydays got the addresses by some other means since "army" does not give an email address in the profile.
ddpjep

Lazydays Emails

Post by ddpjep »

There are several places that Lazydays could get email addresses, but they didn't get army's email address from our membership roster or from this web site. The government authorizes some public and private agencies to keep data bases on everything. That data can be accessed by anyone for a fee. If you don't want to receive emails from Lazydays (which is a partner with the Born Free factory), you can do as they suggest and simply unsubscribe.

All they are doing is letting you know that you can get RV support from Lazydays and you are invited to a factory sponsored rally.

Dean
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Add me to the list as i too received the 2 e-mails.....not happy about it either.....
charlesbell

Lazy days RV email

Post by charlesbell »

I'm glad to receive news of the rally and I plan on attending. It's great to have factory sales and service at Lazy Days. Sure beats the drive to Iowa.
Charles / Cape Canaveral, Florida 2013 23FL
stevek

Post by stevek »

Didn't bother me at all.
I was happy to read the 2 emails.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Laker

On LZ days list

Post by Laker »

I received both emails and consider them as good information. I also have been shopping for a Born Free 24' Rear Bath and have given my email to Lazydays so I don't consider it a problem.
Looking for 2011 or newer RSB

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”