RSB - using the black tank inlet.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

oliverpsmile

RSB - using the black tank inlet.

Post by oliverpsmile »

The sign on the inlet is "Sewer valve must be opened before using this inlet". I assume that the valve in question is the drainage valve, to prevent overfilling the tank.

Here is the problem - I am attaching a garden hose to the inlet and there is no flow. The tubing to the tank is OK. Something in the tank causes the no-flow. What is it - a defective check valve or just residual obstruction? Any suggestions to remedy the problem?
Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Yes, the label is to keep from overfilling the black water tank. If you over fill the black tank and if the seal where your toilet is attached to the floor is not real tight, the black water will leak to the inside. If you have a really good seal it should flow out the vent on the roof.

If the tubing from the black water flush connector on the side of your BF into the tank is not blocked, I can see no reason for the water not being able to get into the tank. On my 2005 26' RSB there is no back flow restrictor that I can find and I have had the tube removed from the tank & side of my rig.

How did you you determine the tube is not blocked? Run a wire down the tube, or what?

By the way every time I dump, once the black tank has emptied, I close the dump valve and allow the flush water to go into the black tank for one to two minutes and then open to let a gush of water come out. I think this helps clean out the tank. Just don't get distracted and leave the water flowing into the back tank. You could have a real mess. So, other than being sure not to overfill the tank, there is no need to be sure to open the dump valve before running water into the black water flush connection
oliverpsmile

Post by oliverpsmile »

al1florida wrote: How did you you determine the tube is not blocked? Run a wire down the tube, or what?
I did not consider running a wire. I just disconnected the tubing at the tank and ran fresh water.

Problem solved:
There is a nozzle built in to the inlet at the tank that creates a tiny high pressure water stream. The nozzle was 99% clogged (most likely never used). I did not remove the nozzle (allan wrench required) but applied 60 psi water pressure. It started dripping and within 15 minutes the nozzle was clean.
Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Good work, glad you resolved the problem.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”