Catalytic heater

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I think I'd prefer to have the extension hose as I don't want to have to set the propane tank where I want to use the heater. But it's a nice idea if you have the space. I figure the propane tank can be kept in a convenient corner out of the way and I could move the heater to where I want it.
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

mockturtle wrote:I think I'd prefer to have the extension hose as I don't want to have to set the propane tank where I want to use the heater. But it's a nice idea if you have the space. I figure the propane tank can be kept in a convenient corner out of the way and I could move the heater to where I want it.
While I can't point to a link to quote from, I have read in multiple places "don't use propane tanks inside your RV".

You will need a place to store the tank when you travel. It is one thing for pots, books and other small objects to start flying around in a really hard stop, or if there was to be a crash, but to have 40 pounds of steel tank flying around gets real serious!

Also keep in mind, the Olympic Catalytic heater will not connect directly to a propane tank. It has to have a regulator to reduce the pressure in the tank to what the heater is designed for. The heaters which use the small 1 pound tanks have a regulator built in.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

One can buy the hose with a built-in pressure regulator.

As for propane tanks, when I had a travel trailer, I used to carry two tanks in the rear of my SUV to refill them. Sure, there is some danger but the tank could be secured, I think.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Tried out my new Wave 6 catalytic heater for several days this week and it works great! Not only does it use no battery power, it is SILENT. Love it! Thanks to those who gave me ideas for installation. I had a quick-disconnect and shutoff valve installed and use the heater as a portable unit.
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Yes, isn't it really nice not needing to hear the furnace running and still be warm!
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

And it uses so little propane, too!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”