Rear camera

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tomzleapin

Rear camera

Post by tomzleapin »

I've been meaning to install a rear camera for awhile. The need for one came to the forefront this winter down in Florida when a palm tree jumped out behind me while backing out of a camp spot.

The easiest system would be wireless, but wireless is prone to interference and poor video quality.

I'm leaning toward a wired system. For those that have installed a camera, where did you run the wires and if you went with wireless are you satisfied with the performance?
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
Mike Astley

Post by Mike Astley »

When I did mine, I drilled a hole into the back wall space, ran the wires through that space to the under bed storage area and then dropped them through the floor and routed then under the RV to the driver's step well (there were grommited holes allowing passage from beneath the RV).

I mounted the monitor above the mirror with a mirror shaft mount, ran the wires tucked into the carpet crease and down behind the driver's corner bracket piece.
1999 26RSB
Fort Collins, CO
lafons

Post by lafons »

I went with a wireless about 4 years a go and have been happy with it. I mounted the sending unit under the rs bed and have the montor mounted on my driver visor. My camera is mounted on the top step of the ladder pointed down. :D
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
bbwolf

Post by bbwolf »

I utilized a license plate camera and ran the RCA cable through the existing hole where the license plate light gets its power.

Up front, I ran the cable up through the drivers side floor panel (where all the other wires are already) and connect it to my Garmin Dezl 560. (it has an access port for an external camera).
Alan and Jeannie Wolfe
2014 Born Free Freedom

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”