I see the 2014's are out at LazyDaze in AZ

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

stevek

I see the 2014's are out at LazyDaze in AZ

Post by stevek »

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2014-Bo ... -110704365

Decals are blue now.
Plus see the BF Logo has changed.
Drain Boards are white.
So... what do you see?
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
iowaride

Post by iowaride »

This is one of the models from the June Homecoming event in Humboldt. It has a slide out. We were told the decal color is a prospective owner's option on a new order. All the new models that were not sold during the Homecoming went to Lazy Days, one went to Arizona and the others to Tampa.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I prefer my 2000 24RB in every way. Wish it were new instead of 13-14 years old. :(
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

We agree Mockturtle! But with 125,000 miles on our 2004 and the inevitable wear and tear on the unit over those miles, we are seriously considering a 27 foot with slide, and the old decals. They have done a very nice job of upgrading the unit since 2004, in our opinion, enough so that we are interested. We are also going to travel less and sit more so the extra space with the slide is appealing. We have rented units with slides in Alaska and the extra 3 feet does make a difference, to us anyway. I also like the added space in the galley area in the newer 27 foot RSB units. I can't count how many times I have banged my head on the cabinet for the oven in our unit! Still thinking about the investment in a new one. We are impressed.

Judy Harris
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

I agree with mockturtle that sometimes older is better.
I'm not in the market for a new one, having just bought my "old" one.
There are some changes for the better and some for the worse....
Worse:
Only ONE sink? And the cooktop takes up so much more space...
And the access to the cabover space seems small. I can put huge things in mine, but this set up looks like a hassle.

Better: slide? EXCEPT it seems to make the sofa look cramped. And a slide adds one more (big) thing to go wrong and some substantial weight, I believe.
More kitchen drawer space?

Is this longer than my 1992 RSB? It looks like a longer overhang in back?

Anyway... When they re design these things, you wonder if they asked any women who actually use these kitchens. I'd rather have more counter space than a bigger cooktop. And 2 small sinks are better than one big one, IMO.
Ladies?
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Anyway... When they re design these things, you wonder if they asked any women who actually use these kitchens. I'd rather have more counter space than a bigger cooktop. And 2 small sinks are better than one big one, IMO.
Yep.
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Amen to that! The biggest reason I want to trade in my 26 RSB is the lack of kitchen space, especially the oven cabinet that overhangs part of the sink and obstructs my work area because I am short. Drives me nuts every day because I cook every day.

Judy
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

It IS possible to move the fan/ light assembly back several inches. The PO of my unit said his wife complained about hitting her head and he did move it, so it is fairly easy to reach the back burner now. I'm tall, so I have to bend a little anyway.

I am going to make 2 kitchen counter extensions in mine. I saw a full timier couple with a RSB who had done it and wow, what a difference. And very easy to do.
The lack of counter space is puzzling, considering there is so much other storage space and so many homey touches in mine. I love my little pull out pantry, and the shelf under the vanity mirror and the one over the toilet.
I don't think the newer ones have these.
bfadmin
Site Admin

Post by bfadmin »

Please do not hijack this topic titled I see the 2014's are out at LazyDaze in AZ with off topic discussions.

Thanks
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

OOOPs! Sorry!!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”