7-way Towing connector

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bcope01

7-way Towing connector

Post by bcope01 »

I noticed that the #4 Battery Charge (Black) terminal is not hooked-up on the Bargman 7-way towing connector at the rear of my 2004 BF BFT. I confirmed this from reading the owners manual schematic on the connector where it states that this wire is "not included in the BF loom."

Is there somewhere in the Ford chassis trailer towing harness where I can pick up this lead in order to splice it into the towing connector? Has anyone energized this terminal in their connector?

I don't need to charge trailer batteries, but I do have a cigarette lighter plug adapter that plugs into the 7-way connector and it needs power in this terminal in order to work.

Thanks, Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Bump!

Anyone had occasion to put power to the Battery Charge terminal of their 7-way trailer connector? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks,
Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

This project is now completed. Got tired of thinking about it and just got after it. I spliced into the orange wire of the Ford trailer towing harness at the rear of the coach, since the BF loom didn't include a battery charge wire. The orange wire is hot when the ignition key is turned on.

Bill
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”