Generator Exhaust Noise and Smell

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Rich Flaugh

Generator Exhaust Noise and Smell

Post by Rich Flaugh »

We are doing more no-hookup over nighting and are using our generator more and more. To me, it's noisy and produces a lot of fumes and CO2. Has anybody had experience with a secondary muffler/exhaust system like the Gen-turi?

Getting ready to head for Alaska on July 5. Anybody else got Alaska on their mind for 2013??

Rich
hrgermany

exhaust fumes

Post by hrgermany »

I had a lot of exhaust fumes when running the generator.now I use an exhaust extension pipe and a short 45 degree elbow and made a small
pipe support.The cost was less than $10 at the local parts house.It is a good
idea to remove all of that before you leave.

Hans Rueckert
1995 BF 26FT RSB
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

We have been using the GenTuri system for many years. It does a great job of getting the fumes away from both your and your neighbors coach.
Mel & Connie
Mike Astley

Re: Generator Exhaust Noise and Smell

Post by Mike Astley »

Rich Flaugh wrote: Getting ready to head for Alaska on July 5. Anybody else got Alaska on their mind for 2013??

Rich
We plan to leave June 1st and mosey around up north for a while. It will be our 2nd trip, the first in 2009 and still my favorite overall. Hope to visit Juneau and travel the Dempster and the Dalton, which we didn't do last time.
1999 26RSB
Fort Collins, CO

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”