Canada Travel

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dallas Baillio

Canada Travel

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I am considering driving to Yellowknife, NWT in a few weeks. I've done basic research on the Web. The road is paved all the way. Have any of you made this trip? Your evaluation? Scenic? Boring?

Places to camp either with or w/o power?

It appears that there are very few cell phone towers (perhaps none) along the way. This means I will be without phone or Internet.

When I am within cell phone range in Canada any suggestions as to the best deals on access?

Any other suggestions, warnings, ideas?

I cannot logically explain a good reason that I want to travel to Yellowknife. Just curious as to what is at the end of any road. I've travelled to Alaska as far as the Arctic Circle. Ditto for Newfoundland. I was stationed with the USAF at Goose Bay, Labrador almost 50 years ago. I would like to return now that a road is available. From Montreal to Goose Bay it is more than 1100 miles with an estimated 800 miles on gravel roads. Call me crazy. :roll:
Last edited by Dallas Baillio on Fri May 31, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
The Libals

Post by The Libals »

That's going to be one trip for sure. I would at least consider buying a sat phone in case of emergencies if you're going to be that far off the grid. You'll probably be fine once you get to Yellowknife, but it might be a bad situation if you break down or something else happens along the way.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”