1989 26 RB video

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dude

1989 26 RB video

Post by Dude »

HERE is a video of a 1989 Rear Bath RV I found on youtube. Every now and then I search the internet to see what I can find for my BF. This is a cool video.

I find it interesting the diffences between this one and mine, besides the different models......I have a RSB and this is a RB.
-I have different windows. Mine have the bottom 3rd that crank open. These have 1/2 windows that slide.
-The light fixture is different over the table. I have that in my cab, but all of the others in mine are the florescent bars.
-My table is full wood without that formica piece on it or whatever it is.
-The fridge is also different. Same size, but the shelves and whatnot on the inside are different.
-Mine has hardwood florring in the kitchen while this one has linoleum.....I can accept that as an option.
-The microwave/convection oven is different. Same make, but different.

Just some things I noticed. Some may be options, but in general, I found this vid interesting. Hope you do to.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
stevek

Post by stevek »

Enjoyed the video. Thanks Matt.

I thought this was interesting with such low mileage.
Located in Oregon.
A 1998 with only 16,000 miles for 25K.
http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/1998-Bo ... -110462388
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
JanetG

used units

Post by JanetG »

I will remember to come here when im ready to trade my 95 21' for a larger one!
mike&linda

Post by mike&linda »

A point of information on pre 1992 Econoline chassis is the the odometers only record to 99,999.9 miles before it turns over to 00,000.0 miles. Since this is true I would always take a low mileage reading to be plus 100,000 miles on a 20+ year old unit.
1990 26' RSB Diesel
Dude

Post by Dude »

There are other telltale signs to know if a vehicle is over 100k miles other than the odometer. Pedals, carpeting and drivers seat. Mine looks like it has been driven 50k with slight wear. If it had 150k there would be significant wear. I firmly believe that my 25 year old RV has only 50k miles.

I don't think many RV's see high mileage unless the person is constantly driving cross country. If that is the case, there will be significant wear in the drivers area. Personally, I have only done 700 miles since last October.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”