Television replacement

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dude

Television replacement

Post by Dude »

The original TV in my BF was physically huge but a small screen. Plus I never actually got it to work correctly (although I didn't try hard). I always knew I was going to replace it. I had this extra flat screen TV in my house and I finally got around to buying the bracket I needed.

I got a fully articulating bracket from BJ's for $80. They had one that would have fit the TV for $50 but I wanted the extra length in the arms so I could move it around the corner so I could watch it from the rear bed or the front area. Plus I figured it would be better to have a stronger bracket in the RV.

I have a digital converter box that the previous owner had. I hooked it up and found 3 channels. I think it may work better if the antenna on the roof wasn't missing 1 of the rabbit ears. I'll probably only hook a DVD player and VCR up to the TV so my son can watch a movie before bed or nap time. If I go to a campground that has WiFi I will probably grab my roku box and hook it up so we can watch Netflix.

Here is a pic of the old TV

And the new TV on the bracket in the stored position. I would like to build a ledge or something so when I am traveling it is braced and not bouncing on the arm all the time.

Facing front

Facing the back bed.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
Dude

Post by Dude »

Here is a pic of the bracket.

Attachments
PTDC0014_zpsb6c76eec (Custom).jpg
PTDC0014_zpsb6c76eec (Custom).jpg (30.11 KiB) Viewed 2482 times
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
The Libals

Post by The Libals »

I love how you did your TV. My setup was slightly different, but I put my led in about the same spot. It works really well! Good work!!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”