Bug Deflector

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CANDE

Bug Deflector

Post by CANDE »

Has anyone every installed a bug deflector on their unit? Does it work?

CANDE
Ed and Carol Freye
2016 Born Free 29' Splendor
Towing a 2014 Mini Cooper Coupe
Dude

Post by Dude »

My bro and my Dad had one on their vehicles. My Dad's was on a 88 Chevy Astro Van and it sort of worked......since it was a van and the hood was such a step slope, the bugs hit 3/4 of the way up the windshield. My bro's was on a pickup and seemed to send the bugs higher or over the windshield.

I haven't seen a bug shield on a vehicle in almost 15 years. They were all over in the mid 80's and 90's.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I have one. I don't think it deflects any bugs but does keep the nose clean. I just took mine off to wash and wax behind it, and it was filthy behind there even though I tried to clean behind it every time I washed it.

I left it off for a while and the front of the hood had a lot more bugs. It also looked "naked" without it on there so I put it back on.

I like the look of it.

John

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”