Starting over with new batteries (?)

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Fourwinds

Starting over with new batteries (?)

Post by Fourwinds »

Newbie Jess again ~ sorreeee! But....

I'm going to have to replace the batteries that came with our 2002 26' BF purchased last month. When the new batteries are installed, will everything automatically start on their own, - including Propane? Or is there any manual lighting or turning on that has to be done?

I.E., once new batteries are installed and we begin a trip, will the hot water heater work by just turning on the water pump?

Still the duh-brain of Bakersfield !

Thanks in advance.
Jess
Jess & Bonnie Dixon
2002 Born Free, 26 ft rsb
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Things starting by themselves....

Most things in an RV that start without your help, are unwelcome. Like mold and mice.

No.

Maybe it would help to think of things this way. The AC system and DC system are related but SEPARATE systems. The Propane system is a separate system. The water stuff is a separate system.

These are 4 separate systems. Mostly, they are completely separate of one another.

If you do not turn the water pump on, you will get no water (unless you are plugged into a 'city water' spigot with the water turned on.

The batteries run the DC system (or rather power it) and the dc systems and AC systems are connected in the power center. However, the DC systems will power things like lights, water pump, etc. without AC power. (For a while.)

You NEED to get a book on basic RV systems and care. Now. Before you do much else. There are many of these books that are good, and they will save you much in the long run (as the battery episodes , yours and mine, point out).

A book is cheap. Invest in your education and learn how these systems operate and sit out in the motorohome or in a lawn chair beside it while you read so you can go LOOK and touch and feel and learn. Please...

Not that we won't or can't answer your questions, because we will. But you can end up making some very expensive mistakes very quickly, as I have learned and so have you. The books are available at Camping world or Barnes & noble or even online. Maybe Wal Mart.

Consider signing up for the next life on wheels conference near you. (You'll have to do a search on the internet to find out when that is).

I lived in my RV for 6-7 months of the last 12, maybe 8 I don't know. I learned by doing, by being and by reading.

Lots of reading. I'd recommend my books but they're int he RV and it's in a friend's driveway some miles away... but if it's a 'basics' book, you'll probably be okay.

I just dn't want to see you fry the electronics or something else that will cost hundreds of dollars or more...

Pat-Trish
Fourwinds

Things starting by themselves.

Post by Fourwinds »

So it's Pat-Trish now? Patrick with a lisp? lol

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm off to search for el-booko's.

Jess
Jess & Bonnie Dixon
2002 Born Free, 26 ft rsb
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

You know, it's Patricia, Pat, Pat-Trish and Trisha. And Patty if you're my sister, mom or brother. (or went to school with me.)

and so it's all gotten all confused and mismashed and I have an identity crisis of sorts. I'm a woman. Many friends call me Trish. But that's pretty familiar so I go by Pat to those who don't know me as well, and I though I'd just cover all my bases with Pat-trish. I also go by Patricia on one email list where there are already a trish and two pat's.

See how this is? Pretty soon I don't know who I am or where I am who, rather, .................

I better go to bed before I confuse myself anymore. However, I am not a Patrick. On that, I am utterly unconfused ! <grin> Grateful, even.

It's still a good Latin name, Patricia or Patricio, means 'of noble birth' or some such nonsense which might even be funny if I knew who my parents were! Since I don't, I just imagine 'm from some ancient, Roman nobility that goes back two thousand years.

After they relase me from the mental hospital, I'll have to get the story straight, I'm sure.

Good night for now.

Patricia

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”