Glad to own a BF

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Nancy

Glad to own a BF

Post by Nancy »

these poor people.....it is a nightmare. Winnebago should be ashamed of themselves. This is going viral and I hope it has some effect on them down the road.

http://www.outsideourbubble.com/winneba ... ld-quality
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Okay when a wall isn't even attached with one damn screw.......that is a serious problem. When the ceiling fixture isn't secure? Sure every RV has problems but that is way beyond anything I would ever accept either no matter how much I paid for it. They aren't first time buyers either.
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

These people are very well known in the rv industry and have a great following with their blog. Sorry if you don't see it the same way I do. When we are spending our hard earned money on a big purchase like that I do a ton of research for ALL information I can find. And it says a lot when Camping World backed them too and refunded their money.
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I agree, Nancy! They should be able to expect much better than they got.
Laker

Post by Laker »

I have followed "Outside Our Bubble" for over a year. I am very impressed with David's copter and GoPro camera system and I have asked him for assistance and he has been very gracious.

When this debacle with the purchase of the $400,000 Winnebago Tour occurred, they were very hesitant to give details. The exhausted all types of remedies and still have not totally given up on Winnebago.

I realize David is a technology perfectionist, but it does seem their requests for a quality coach are out of line. Perhaps if more buyers would do a more through Pre Delivery Inspection, the manufactures would get away from the concept of "we build it, let the dealer fix it"
Looking for 2011 or newer RSB

2008 27' RB. SOLD,
2007 Chevy HHR "toad"
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with Ready Brake
Dude

Post by Dude »

Honestly, I couldn't read the whole thread. Having worked in Customer service for many years and the fact that these people are blasting this over the internet means one thing. They didn't ask nicely. They probably just bitched and bitched and bitched. Not that they don't have a right to have these items fixed, but you do not get anywhere by screaming from the start. The fact that Winnebago said they don't think they can build a coach to their standards....means these people complained enough that everyone knows them at Winnebago and what Aholes they probably are.

Story from my Hotel days at a 4 diamond Hilton: A weekly business customer would bitch and bitch and was never happy. Refund room rates, upgrades, hand picked rooms that were scrubbed by housekeeping. Finally our Front Office Manager told the guest (with the GM's blessing) that apparently our 4 diamond hotel was not up to their standards, maybe they should try the Marriott down the street. The customers response......They told me to come here.

Whenever I hear someone just complain and a big company won't step up when it goes up the chain of command then you have to ask yourself.....whats the other side of the story.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

You all make good points. I know there are some people that no matter how hard you try to make them happy it won't ever happen. I guess I am seeing it from the side of 2 houses that sold by me. One of them sold for $1.3M and has so many problems (even after an inspection) that they have put over $500k into the house to correct things...BIG THINGS that should have been found before closing. The other is a foreclosure that just sold for $330k AS IS and they knew what they were getting into since the house was empty for 3 years. They have already spent $30k in less then a month and will spend a ton more. They are not complaining because they knew it was going to cost them with that they could SEE....now they are getting into what they couldn't see. BUT if I was spending $1.3 million on a house it damn well better be VERY close to perfect, not make me spend a ton more to correct major things.

I am a very adaptable person....bring the wrong food at a restaurant and I will eat it anyway....I go with the flow and adapt to what is thrown my way...I don't think I could adapt or live with all that was wrong with that RV even a little bit. We got taken for a ride on our first ever RV and I thought we were going to die in that thing. After that experience it won't happen again. Maybe they were asking for too much, maybe they've been screwed too many times and reached their breaking point. There are so many RV's that I wouldn't even put my ex-husband in :? I guess I am spoiled by BF and everything else out there looks like and feels like a VEGA or PINTO :shock:
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

The only RV I've had that was as well built as the BF was our 1991 Foretravel. When you spend that much money for a motorhome, you should expect at least near perfection. IMHO, the main difference is that most RVs are built on an assembly line.
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

I think the complaints about the very poor quality of the Winnebago delivered were well warranted. I think it is good for anyone buying a new MH and have it delivered with such shoddy workmanship should do just as "Outside Our Bubble" did. They didn't just complain on the internet. They did an extremely good job of documenting the problems and reporting them.
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Well, here I am with my opinion... I read their internet post. As I remember they worked with Winnebago all they could & their complaints were not addressed as they went up the chain of command. It was then that they decided to post on the internet. I feel that they were trying to alert people in the RV world of what could happen to them. I call that doing RVers a favor. I agree completely with Nancy...she is right on. Having been an owner of a service orientated business for over 25 yrs., I as the owner know how hard it can be to satisfy everyone... but you do your best. The issues they found in their supposedly custom ordered coach were real....the company should not have delivered it or expected it to be accepted with such poor workmanship. As far as working it out being the buyer's problem, I don't think so. After all the problems I wouldn't trust Winnebago either. I think they're lucky to be out of it. If the quality that you can visually see is so poor, who knows what is hidden.
Glad you're happy with your BF Nancy.... mine is a '99 & as good as new. My walls are not popping out because of missing screws.... :wink: Enjoy your travels.. I think you'll be more than pleased after you get on the road. Be safe. BTW, having worked in real estate also as a Realtor, I know what you mean about some of the problems people encounter.
Glad I'm retired... don't have to deal with all that stuff anymore ! 8)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”