Meet Tyson

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Nancy

Meet Tyson

Post by Nancy »

Augie and Tyson

HEARTS around his eyes like Katie had
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Very nice -- Know he will bring joy into your hearts.
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Thank you....we even bought a ramp for him to get in and out of the BF. Got him a nice 6" foam orthopedic bed for the floor too. Maybe I should just order a special equipped BF for him too :D
Dude

Post by Dude »

Nice looking dog. I love having my dog when I am camping.

Where and how did you pick Tyson's name? My dog was named Basil because previously my wife had a dog named Pepper and I had a dog name Ginger as a kid. So we stuck with the spice theme. If he was a she, she would have been named Saffron.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

I love the way you pick names. I have 2 different friends that have themes for their dogs too. One does guns (Ruger, Remington) and other drinks (Margarita, Whiskey).

His name is actually Midnight right now but to me that is a cats name. We were going to name him Chance because he got a second chance at life literally from the MRSA. But I can't figure out a short name for that. Our other lab Augie is named that because we were getting him in August and I also love the character on Covert Affairs. We picked Tyson for him because he fought so hard to survive all that was thrown at him. And then I can call him Ty, Augie is Aug.....my husband said to make sure I call TY AUG when I call them because if I yell AUG TY people will think I am yelling HOG TIED :shock:
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

The girls say, "HI TYSON"
Attachments
Heidi and Misty pointsetta 12-09.jpg
Heidi and Misty pointsetta 12-09.jpg (110.19 KiB) Viewed 10156 times
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

jobrien wrote:The girls say, "HI TYSON"
Your girls are gorgeous. GSD's are my first love. Do you have any problems with campgrounds not letting them in?

And Augie said he is in love with the girls too.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

We have never been turned away from a campground because of the dogs. We did stay at a campground that had a 2 dog limit and we had 3 at the time. But we only took 2 out at a time and they all looked similar so no one knew :lol:
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I also work p/t in a veterinary office and we have a few 3 legged patients. They have no problems getting around and seem very happy and well adjusted.

And they get a discount when they come in for a nail trim :D

John
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

jobrien wrote:I also work p/t in a veterinary office and we have a few 3 legged patients. They have no problems getting around and seem very happy and well adjusted.

And they get a discount when they come in for a nail trim :D

John
DAMN YOU :shock: I almost choked on my coffee!

The only drawback for Tyson is he will have to be on ATOPICA the rest of his life from the MRSA. He is on 100 mg, 2 per day. They come in 15 pills per package. He will cost me over $100 per week for life :cry: But you can't put a price on love.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Atopica is expensive. I'll check with our vet's tomorrow and see if there are any other alternatives, or something he might be able to switch to that is less expensive.

Will let you know.

Have another cup of coffee :oops:
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

jobrien wrote:Atopica is expensive. I'll check with our vet's tomorrow and see if there are any other alternatives, or something he might be able to switch to that is less expensive.

Will let you know.

Have another cup of coffee :oops:
Thanks.....and I did have another cup of coffee and didn't choke this time 8)
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Nancy, I sent you a pm about the Atopica.

John

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”