Retirement

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CuJo's Pride

Retirement

Post by CuJo's Pride »

Well, this is the last winter we will need to totally winterize our BF. Retirement starts Sept. 1st. We are so excited to start seeing the US from our BF. All ready looking forward to the rally in Humboldt. I guess it's the little things when you're in a Minnesota winter. It was a mild winter until now. Wild chill is going to hit -30 with the temp high being -13 tomorrow. Can't wait until this time next year when we can check in while we're in warm weather..

Happy trails to all of you on the road. You might want to avoid the Midwest for a month or two..lol

Jo
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
stevek

Re: Retirement

Post by stevek »

Congrats on your retirement.
We always take off during winter.
So enjoy this little joy in life and the fun of RVing and the warmer weather. :D
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
oliverpsmile

Post by oliverpsmile »

Can't wait until this time next year when we can check in while we're in warm weather..
See you in AZ, Today +++ 70 near the pool. :D
Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

Yeah, being retired is great. I just turned 65, but have been "half-retired" for about 15 years. In the summer, I run my business in Montana noon to 5ish for 5-6 months and take the other 6-7 months off. I'm either at my winter beach shack on Lake Havasu or travelling somewhere on my touring motorcycle. It's tough, but somebody had to do it.....
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Keep a diary and mark your routes on maps. Later hard copies will be fun to read.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

Read? Who has time to read? When I was working a full schedule in my shop, I used to read 2-4 books a week to relax before sleeping. The less I worked, the more I did on free time, and the less I read. I am doing good to get through a couple magazines a week now. I'm too busy either going somewhere or planning to go somewhere. Wheeeeeee.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”