Dempster Highway accident -- Five seconds of terror

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I hear you! I sometimes ask my dog to help me back into a tight campsite but he always looks at me like I'm nuts. :lol: Even so, he's a nice little companion.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Dallas, I have been with USAA for about the same time as you (when it was Military officers only), and have always been very happy with their customer service. I would be very interested in knowing what they have to say when you take them to task for the poor service you received. If you are like me, you will go straight to the top, and in writing, when addressing this issue.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Tom and Jennifer Pierpan

Post by Tom and Jennifer Pierpan »

Hi, Dallas. Hope BF HQ can repair and get your Born Free back in operation. I, too, was insured by USAA for a long time(43 years), and also noticed a change for the worse after it expanded membership eligibility. The final straw was in 2009 when I got my annual homeowners renewal and noticed a rise in the premium. No explanation with the renewal papers. Called USAA, and the rep said, "oh yeh, we got a rate increase from your state insurance department." Am now insured with Amica, and they are wonderful. Shortly after changing to Amica, we totaled our 4Runner on black ice, and the claims people were great. Paid all the medical expenses promptly, in full. They also use OEM parts to repair damaged vehicles. Best to you and hope to hear your BF is back on the road soon. Tom Pierpan
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

So glad you weren't hurt. SCARY, though.
I , too,use that "it could have been worse" method.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”