Microwave/Convection Oven

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Steve W

Microwave/Convection Oven

Post by Steve W »

We have a 2007 RB. The microwave/convection oven has no outside vent so its efficiency is on a par with our current congress. Has anyone considered venting said appliance to the outside and if so, what were the results?

I know this subject has appeared before with folks using the bathroom vent fan or even the fantastic fan as a vent, but always with less than stellar results.
Steve & Sue Wolfe / Born Free 24RB / toad
whemme

Post by whemme »

Steve,

Refer to the following topic titled venting stove and microwave located in the Coach Modifications section of this website.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
shezonit

Venting

Post by shezonit »

My used unit came with microwave only (Installed by PO). I don't use a microwave, so I took it out and put in an countertop convection oven I already had. It throws off a lot of heat. With no direct vent in this cabinet, I was concerned about the fuzzy liner above the oven. I bought some silicon baking mats at Costco- 3 for $20. They are rated (?) to over 400 degrees. I put one under the oven, and layered 2 on top. I have since baked muffins and cornbread at 400 degrees for 20 mins. Yes the cabinet gets warm, but not 400 degrees warm. I wouldn't leave the coach with the oven on.

The PO had also moved the vent/ light box back under the cabinet to make it easier to cook. He said he made the vent larger, too. Not sure what he did, but it works very well for pulling stovetop steam and aromas out. If I want to get heat out, I use the forward fantastic and open the kitchen vent, which works independent of the kitchen fan, and I usually have the bath vent open.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”