Black out curtains

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tmresearch

Black out Curtains

Post by tmresearch »

Sorry, Nancy did not see your question. I was in banking for 15 years and started my own business over a decade ago by researching legal data in 22 courts in upstate SC. My clients are national and some of it can be obtained online but much requires courthouse research: hence an RV and Walmart parking lots when I stay several days.

Can I assume that the attachments to your ladder are bicycle holders? Source?

Since you have owned 2 BF's, any pointers? This one only had 26,000 miles on it and in storage for 2 years but like new. Seller overhauled genset since not "excercised", put on 6 new tires, new brakes, etc just before I purchased so mechanically sound.

Only things I have problem with is several door hinges had stripped center screw plates, so I ordered from Kim in Iowa and installed new ones. Learned a "trick" from Fantastic Fan HQ to put a touch of wood glue on the threads so that screw would not work loose as we RV's jostle down the South Carolina roads.

Also, the spice rack kept slamming open, hitting its outside door which opened on curves. Solved that by installing a $3.00 brass slide bolt on the front of the spice rack. Easy to open but no more slamming open!

Likewise on the cabinet doors under the sofa, they would slam open when hitting these SC roads. So made adjustments to the clasps and no more problem.

One concern is the genset start. Even thought new oil, spark plug, filter, etc put in, it is hard to start. Takes about 5 starts on the rocker switch whereas the Onan of the PleasureWay took only 2 pushes. So maybe this is just the "nature" of the BF genset? But love how quiet it is compared to the "lawnmower" sound of the PleasureWay genset!!

My main concern is the interior water leakage that I have behind the passenger side captain's chair. I asked for help from forum on this in precious post, but no answers. I am not sure whether window needs resealing or the body seam or what? Anyway, stays wet there although I have dried, put down kitty litter, baking soda, etc. No smell yet but I feel that some mildew or rot will occur if I don't correct this!!!

Dallas
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Found a graphic place and had it shipped to us and we put it on.

There are 3 switches by the stairs....one is the outside light, one is the handle and one is the overhead but you might be right I think it is the long one in the aisle. I don't now i just start hitting switches.

On our first BF I got the stick on frosting for the side door from Lowes or Home Depot.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

About the hard starting generator: Do you press the "prime" button for 15-30 seconds before trying to start the generator. Also try pressing the prime button for a little while as soon as the gen first starts. You could have a clogged fuel filter, or air getting in the fuel line.
tmresearch

genset starting

Post by tmresearch »

Al,

As newbie to BF's, did not know that I had a "prime" button on my 2004 RSB 26ft RV. I just see the green momentary rocker on/off switch inside over the driver. Am I missing something? I have the BF somewhere else at moment and can not look to see.

I certainly will feel that I am having a "senior moment" if there is prime buttom that I am not seeing and therefore not using.

Thanks,

Dallas
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Rewiring the light above the entrance step is probably not easy. You would need to route a wire from the light down to the switch by the door. The way the light is now wired it is connected between a pair of wires (12V DC wire and ground wire) which are routed around to several of the lights.
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Dallas,

This thread about black out curtains has morphed into several topics. More people will see your questions if you were to start a new topic, rather than adding to this topic. People who might add info about your new questions may not be interested in black out curtains and not read the new posts.

Just a suggestion.
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

My little generator start panel/hour meter has a second rocker switch which says something like "if you haven't used the generator in a while, press this switch for 15 seconds before starting". I assumed all the BF's have the same generator panel.
Last edited by al1florida on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
tmresearch

Black out curtains

Post by tmresearch »

Al, yes, I was concerned about that and sent this on page 1 to moderator but have not received instructions yet. So if I have several topics to cover, I am assuming that I make several topic "subjects" and address them separately?

PS. FORUM MODERATOR: SINCE I ADDRESS MORE THAN JUST "BLACK OUT CURTAINS" WITH NANCY, WOULD YOU PREFER THAT MY SUBJECT LINE HAVE MORE THAN JUST "BLACK OUT CURTAINS" LIKE "CABINETRY", "LIGHTING" OR WHAT? PERHAPS YOU JUST DECIDE WHICH? ANYWAY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS A NEWBIE ON THIS FORUM, I WANT TO ABIDE BY YOUR PRODURES. TKS, DALLAS
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

I'm not a moderator, but in the forums I am active on, generally folks get more and better replies by starting a separate topic for each subject. I don't think there are any instructions or requirements on this forum about doing a separate topic for each subject.
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

I don't see it as a big deal really. It's not like we have 1000 people posting every single hour and it will get lost or buried. I read every post and reply and if I think I can help somewhere I chime in....if not I don't.
Mike Astley

Post by Mike Astley »

Re. Generator priming:

My '99 has a single rocker switch in the panel. I read somewhere that pushing it down and holding it for a few seconds primes the generator. I have done that on times its been hard starting. I haven't noticed any significant difference in response but I'm sure it makes me feel better! Sorta like take two aspirins and don't call me in the morning! Oh well, worth a try anyway.
:)
1999 26RSB
Fort Collins, CO
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

yep that is the way we prime ours too....push it down a few times.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”