Water Pump switch

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

tmresearch

Water Pump switch

Post by tmresearch »

I just purchased a 2004 BF RSB. That brings up a real problem with me as I leave on the water pump by accident as the very small green light on the range hood is just not big enough for these old eyes. (On my PleasureWay, as you exited, the big red light would tell you that you had something on, so I am trying to resolve this for the BF)

I installed a red lighted rocker switch where the old unlighted black rocker switch was to turn on the water pump. However, the new lighted red switch will not perform what I envisioned. It has 3 connections on the back (the old one only had 2 as no need for a lighted rocker switch). I have tried every conceivable combination and can NOT get the rocker switch to light up when the green water pump light AND the water pump is on!!!

I can touch the terminal together where the yellow wires that go to the pump and the green light with a new wire for the red light but here is what happens: Solder them together and no lights (green or red or pump on). Only touch the new wire to conection and ONLY red rock switch comes on. Touch the yellow wires only and the green light and pump come on!!!

I AM NO ELECTRICIAN, BUT NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH A LIGHTED ROCKER SWITCH ON MY OTHER RV. ANY ADVICE!!!!

COULD IT BE THAT THE 12 VOLTS CAN NOT RUN 3 ITEMS AT ONCE?
GREEN LIGHT/WATER PUMP/RED LIGHT ROCKER SWITCH. NO PROBLEM FOR THE 12 VOLT TO DO SO IN ANOTHER APPLICATION? HAVE NOT BLOWN ANY FUSES BUT WHEN I HAD TO PUT IN A NEW 12 VOLT LIGHTED ROCKER SWITCH ON MY OLD RV, BLEW SEVERAL FUSES (AS I WAS NOT BRILLIANT ENOUGHT TO REMEMBER WHICH WIRE WENT TO TO WHICH OF THE 3 LEADS UNTIL IT WORKED). I KNOW THAT IT IS A "NO NO" TO INCREASE THE FUSE SIZE ON THE BF, BUT WHAT WOULD NOT ALLOW ALL 3 TO RUN AT SAME TIME???

BAFFLED...HELP...THANKS

DALLAS
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

it's not the worst thing in the world leaving it on....besides if you don't hear it running that means there are no leaks :wink:
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”