Why do you rv?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

harrisgowing

Why do you rv?

Post by harrisgowing »

We have not been able to travel in our 2004 BF since last May when Chuck ruptured his quad tendon on our spring trip. We are finally getting ready to leave at the end of December for a 2 month or so trip with a stop at a rented house in FL for January for rehab issues. My question is, are you all as excited as we are to cram ourselves and our 2 dogs into a small space with one bathroom, small kitchen, small bed, tanks to dump, iffy sports tv, as we are? We can hardly wait! We will come to Tampa to the rv show from our rental home to see the new Born Frees, hope to see some of you there. Why do we do this? Most of our family sure doesn't get it, but for whatever reason, we love it. Happy travels.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

We have been RV'n for 60 years and love it! We now have our 2nd BF which is our 6th Motorhome. I just love to travel the Country. We have been to 49 States in our motorhome. Alaska has called us 8 times!
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I love to travel and have my 'home' with me.
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Different strokes for different folks! There are some (many) folks who don't care to travel. Others, like us, love to travel to see different places, people and sights. Traveling in an RV, even a small RV like a BF, allows us to not only have our home with us, but allows us to stay in many, many scenic places, in National Forests, National Parks, State Parks, City/County Parks, and occasionally a not so scenic Walmart parking lot.

Truly it is the love of travel which brings us to RV'ing.
TheBizMan

Post by TheBizMan »

I retired and we have spent 6 months each year on the road. Mostly to get out of the heat of Phoenix, but also we love to travel. We covered the northwest states in 2012 and the northeast states 2013. We are now considering doing some workamping in 2014. Hoping to find something in Washington or Oregon area.
Lee-TheBizMan
2005 BFT - named "Tilly"
2012 Scion xD "Toad"

Nancy

Post by Nancy »

MY bed and not worrying about who slept there before me and is it clean....and my bathroom is ALWAYS with me :D
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
Mike Astley

Post by Mike Astley »

al1florida wrote:Different strokes for different folks! There are some (many) folks who don't care to travel. Others, like us, love to travel to see different places, people and sights. Traveling in an RV, even a small RV like a BF, allows us to not only have our home with us, but allows us to stay in many, many scenic places, in National Forests, National Parks, State Parks, City/County Parks, and occasionally a not so scenic Walmart parking lot.

Truly it is the love of travel which brings us to RV'ing.
This is exactly what we would have said as well...along with Nancy's comment of always having your bathroom along and others mentioning always having your bed along with you.

One plus I would add is it allows us to visit friends and family without imposing on them. We can drop by for a few hours or a few days and then move on without them having to worry about where we are going to stay, clean up, etc.
1999 26RSB
Fort Collins, CO
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

and when we don't like our neighbors we move!
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
Tom and Jennifer Pierpan

Why do you rv?

Post by Tom and Jennifer Pierpan »

And then there are those of us who travel with dogs and would never consider leaving them behind....

Jennifer and Tom
2 Schnauzers
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

Sam Ryan wrote:What I like the most about the RV is not having to pay the motels their large cut of your money when you travel. It's also comforting to know you'll not be locked out of an area because of any selling out of hotels and motels because you don't have reservations.
Yes, " housing" is a big part of travel costs. But so is fuel when it costs 40 cents to drive a mile. Before a trip, I pencil out RV at 8 MPG and no motel, vs motorcycle at 40 mpg and motel. On shorter trips, the bike and motel wins.

Also, if you pay $25.+ for RV parks, added to fuel, then a 30 mpg car and motel are nearly the same. I guess that's why manybRVers " Walmart" and boondock.

BUT.........The ability to carry my home, pets, clothing, favorite books and foods with me on my trip? PRICELESS!!
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

We always travel with our dog's, a puggle named Pudge and a Brussels Griffon named Sally, we wouldn't have it any other way. We always have our "home" and "bath" with us.
Cathy
Our Puggle Pudge
Brussels Griffon Sally
Cairn Terrier Ellie
Max our Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
2005 Gulfstream BT Cruiser (former BF owner)
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Exactly, Cathy! Not only my own toilet, kitchen and bed but I can take my dog, Bucky, wherever I go. Been RV-ing since 1994 and wouldn't have it any other way. :)
TomP

Post by TomP »

Also, buying food at grocery store, storing it in your rv and cooking it yourself vs. eating out if you travel by car/hotel, can save lots of money as well...plus it's likely healthier.
1995 Born Free 24' Rear Side Bed
oliverpsmile

Post by oliverpsmile »

Meeting friends
Attachments
e-3.jpg
e-3.jpg (122.74 KiB) Viewed 14901 times
e-205.jpg
e-205.jpg (98.69 KiB) Viewed 14901 times
e-15445.jpg
e-15445.jpg (233.4 KiB) Viewed 14901 times
Oliver P Smile