Water Drain

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mary L

Water Drain

Post by Mary L »

We just traded in Besty Sue, our 1976 Born Free, for Besty Sue 2, our 2004 RB Born Free. We really hated to let the old girl go but she was simply getting to old for long trips. She gave us many years of good times.
The new Besty Sue didn't come with any manuals. My husband, who doesn't type, wants me to ask........Where do you drain the potable water from? I'm sure we are going to have lot more questions!
We live in AZ and are planning on going to the Rally in Tucson this Feb. to learn more about her.
I really hated getting rid of the 76. We had her fixed up great. I'm hoping the new one will be as good to us.
Thanks............
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Mary, on our 2006 24' RB, the potable water tank drain is under the stove. Open the rearmost galley door. On the floor you will see a short length of plastic pipe coming from between the pump and the tank. It will have a turnable fitting (ours is brass). Turn it so the latch is parallel to the plastic pipe and it will drain the tank. If the tank is full, it will take about a half hour to drain.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

So glad you asked this. I didn't know how to drain mine either. My under sink cabinets are pretty "full". There's the water tank and the auto level system. I will have to lie on the floor and look for this drain control.

Bring some pictures of your 1976 BF?
whemme

Post by whemme »

My 2002 26' RSB coach has five water line drains on the floor that empty out under the coach. Three of them are under the kitchen sink cabinets. One of those three is the drain for the 35 gallon fresh water tank and the other two on one each in the cold water line and the other in the hot water line. Those two are there to allow pumping RV antifreeze thru those lines when winterizing the coach. The other two drains, one in the hot water line and the other in the cold water line, are on the floor just forward of the water heater under the bed. These two drains again are there to permit pumping RV antifreeze thru those lines when winterizing the coach.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Thanks for the responses! We're taking it out today for it's first day trip, long overdue. We have been so busy and I can't believe we haven't had a chance to take her out yet. Thanks again
Dude

Post by Dude »

HERE is a link to a video I made of winterizing my 89 BF RSB. I have 3 drains under the bathroom sink. You can see them at 1:50 in the video.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”