az rallys

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mary L

az rallys

Post by Mary L »

Hmm, I'm confused.
I thought there was a rally in Tucson at the end of Feb and now I've read that there is one the beginning of March. I made reservations at the campground (I hope the right one) for Feb.
I need some info:)
Thanks,,,, Mary
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Feb. 21-23 2014 is listed on both this site and the Born Free factory site as the dates for the Tucson BF/Lazy days rally.
Mel & Connie
lassen

Post by lassen »

Mary L.........

The 2nd Lazydays & Born Free Factory Sponsored Rally is scheduled for March 21 - 23 in Tampa Fl. They are both listed on this Leap'n Lions site.
Jack & Jan
2005 24RB
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

Is this the proper link to the Tucson rally you are referring to?
http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... php?t=3647

It really helps everyone to include a link to the info you are referencing.
whemme

Post by whemme »

Yes, that is the correct link.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Thanks for the replys!

However I'm still a bit confused. I made a reservation with the KOA and didn't specify that I was with the Born Free rally. Do I need to do that? Hmmm.

Thanks again,,,,,,,Mary
whemme

Post by whemme »

MaryL,

I would recommend calling them back and asking them to associate your reservation with the Born Free rally group.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
randallrae

Rally

Post by randallrae »

The Born Free rally has special rates and sites , so you need to tell them that you are attending the rally.
2012 25' rb
Ann P

AZ Rallys

Post by Ann P »

I'm hoping the Born Free folks involved in the Tucson Feb. Rally will post some details soon. The cost is $160.47 but that only includes a 2 night stay at Lazy Days, according to the park. So I'm curious about the planned events and meals. I used to stop at this park when it was "Beaudry's" and it's quite nice, but there have been some negative comments on RVparkreviews.com and elsewhere since KOA took it over. Hope things improve by Rally time. In any case, I'd love to go and get out of cold Colorado (yay Broncos!). My winterized coach is in enclosed storage, and I drive it once a month on a nice day, run the genny,etc. It tells me that going south would be fun....

Logistics ,weather, and timing make it a little complicated for me to pack up and drive out of town in the winter, so would like some more Rally info from Born Free and anyone who can share about their adventures leaving cold climates. I'm thinking I'd need to stop at a motel the first night at least. Probably won't de-winterize til I'm about 700 miles south, into New Mexico . BTW, Lazy Days said they have 41 sites set aside for BF, if I heard that correctly. Y'all come?
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Thank you for all the Rally info:)

I called and told them we will be associated with the Born Free rally and they adjusted my reservation. We're planning on spending an extra day there, leaving Mon. We had a 76 Bornfree before and it's just a habit not to travel on a Sun. when towing and service centers are hard to come by, lol. We now have a 2004 RB and I love it. I'll bring pics of the old one.

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

Best,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mary
shezonit

Re: AZ Rallys

Post by shezonit »

Ann P wrote:I'm thinking I'd need to stop at a motel the first night at least.
Probably won't de-winterize til I'm about 700 miles south, into New Mexico . BTW, Lazy Days said they have 41 sites set aside for BF, if I heard that correctly. Y'all come?
Hi Ann- I used to drive my winterized Class B out of Montana in January. I have slept in it in 10 degrees. I had a good sleeping bag on top of the regular bedding. The furnace ran fine, keeping the interior at 55. I turned it up to 65 when I got up in the morning.

You have propane to run the furnace and the house battery will charge when you drive. I took a couple gallons of drinking/ cooking water, and a couple gallons of non drinking and a gallon of pink RV antifreeze. This is to flush the toilet. As long as you have at least half pink in the tank.... My Class B had a very small black tank, so maybe 2 gallons of RV pink for the Born Free?

Of course if the temps are below zero, this might be different. Check the winter camping threads?
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

I also use pink antifreeze to flush the toilet when I'm winterized.
shezonit

Post by shezonit »

Yes that pink stuff is good. Means you don't have to give up your private travel bathroom.

Get a tub of wet wipes for the vanity to wash hands and you're set.
bookie71

Post by bookie71 »

When all the kids came home for Thanksgiving and we were in the middle of remodeling, the dogs and I slept in the Born Free and it was about -30 to -40. The heater kept us toasty and lasted about a week before the propane got low. During the day I kept it at about -30-40. We were plugged into the house outlet for electricity. This was a couple of years ago.
I wished I had known about the pink stuff for flushing. I used an empty gallon milk jug. :D
shezonit

COLD!

Post by shezonit »

MINUS 30-40? WOW, I had no idea. That says a lot for the BF. So you flushed with plain water and didn't freeze your tank or dump valves? You coulda still thrown a couple gallons of pink stuff in there to hopefully keep things mobile until it thawed and you could dump your tanks. Was that in July? :-)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”