Factory is really pushing "liquid springs"

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Rob

Factory is really pushing "liquid springs"

Post by Rob »

Does anyone have comments about.
How much does this improve ride.
Cost
Ability to attach to older BF.

Rob and Joan Beery
2003 24RB
CANDE

Liquid Springs

Post by CANDE »

We ordered liquid springs to be installed on our 2014 BF Model Triumph, 25'RB. The installation was done by B /F personnel with the assistance of Liquid Springs LS personnel on the bare chassis.

The ride has improved by 50%+ as we feel less of the road roughness. As a example, we traveled from Humboldt to our home 420 miles away with a 16oz bottle of water on the kicthen counter. We were surprised it had not moved. We used all 3 ride modes - Comfort, normal and sport. We encountered high cfoss winds and we switched from comfort to sport mode and found the wind was no longer a factor in steering.

As to price. Cost was $8500. We do have a set of E450 springs and shocks which were removed from the chassis at the factory which belong to us

We cannot answer your questions about installation on an older B/F.

We are in Florida attending the 2 Born Free Rally's now. We may attend the rally in Tucson, but have not made a definite plan. If you have any questions, please feel frfee to call us 920-889-0059
Ed and Carol Freye
2016 Born Free 29' Splendor
Towing a 2014 Mini Cooper Coupe
Dude

Post by Dude »

At $8,500 I could have bought 2 of my BF's and had money for gas leftover.

It is just a big lumbering RV rocking and swaying down the road. It is what it is.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
stevek

Post by stevek »

If you go to their website and see how it works, it looks pretty elaborate.
There is even a gizmo that goes on the dash, where the driver can adjust everything. Looks pretty good to me.
I would probably go for it if I was buying new.

http://www.liquidspring.com/class#how
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
bigdipper

Post by bigdipper »

I feel like the only BF owner who is quite satisfied with ride and handling, although some alignment adjustments were made to improve the latter. We now have over 100,000 miles on two coaches, one 23 and the other 24; both on E450 chassis with tire pressures set for measured axle weight. Just count me as numb and insensitive.
Ralph
Ralph
2011 24RB
Former 2001 23RK
Dude

Post by Dude »

I accept certain vehicles ride a certain way.....and an E350 or E450 with a big box on the back is not going to ride like a Cadillac.

As for a rough ride, the roughest ride I ever had was in my Jeep Wrangler. What a kidney jarring ride that was. I bounced my GF out of her seat in a parking lot. We were late for work and she unbuckled her seatbelt early to run and punch us in. We were pulling into a parking spot over a speed bump around a turn and probably a bit fast. Perfect set of circumstances and she was in between the seats by the shifter.....I couldn't stop laughing :lol:
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

At the factory rally last year I test drove the coach with the liquid springs. When I left the rally I drove the same stretch of road with my 2005 24RB. I didn't notice much of a difference. It's an impressive system, but the ride difference is certainly not worth $8500. I spoke with the rep and he said the system can be retrofitted to older models.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”