furnace trouble

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

96rsbowner

furnace trouble

Post by 96rsbowner »

hello, im a new member and a new owner of a 1996 24' rsb . I would like any advice anyone is willing to give concerning a couple of issues im having. one is I cant get the furnace to run, it will try to light but wont keep burning , the blower will run fine. I cant see any access to the furnace on the burner end as its up against the outside wall, so it looks like I will have to pull the whole thing out in order to work on it. is this normal for this model?

I don't see an emergency start switch for cranking the engine off the coach batteries , so I guess it wasn't offered. there is 2 large red battery cables running up to the chassis battery but they are not hooked up and are taped up w black tape.

thanks in advance for an replies
hrgermany

emergency starter switch

Post by hrgermany »

I have a 1995 BF 26FT RSB there is no emergency starter switch.
I installed a wire from the coach batteries to the engine battery that can be connected to the engine battery if needed to start the engine.

Hans Rueckert

1995 BF 26FT RSB
mockturtle

Post by mockturtle »

Assuming you have plenty of propane, is the propane getting through?
Eric Sandstrom

Post by Eric Sandstrom »

- We have a 26' 2002 RB coach.
- Furnace must be removed for service.
- Furnace won't fire up if the coach battery voltage is below 11.5 volts.
- We carry long jumper cables for starting the engine with the coach batteries. Have had to use several times over the years.
96rsbowner

Post by 96rsbowner »

thanks for the replies, i have plenty of propane as the water heater and stove run fine so i guess its coming out service.
Virgil and Anne Dutton

Post by Virgil and Anne Dutton »

There is a sail switch in there that I have had to replace twice. The sail switch allows combustion. The fan will come on and run for a minute or two and then if there is no combustion it will shut off. To do hardly any work on it, it must be removed. Mine is fairly easy to remove.

Virgil
2006 22 ft BFT diesel
Ray

Post by Ray »

Here is a good site to get alot of service manuals for RV components.

http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

The Suburban service manuals are good - they have a ladder type trouble shooting guide that will pretty much walk you thru the whole process.

Most the trouble shooting needs the furnace pulled as long as you have verified the power and gas are there. Might want to check the regulator - I spent alot of time, furtration, and skinned knuckles pulling the furnace out of by boat - only to find out the furnace was fine, the regulator was bad - which would have been about a 5 min fix.

Ray
The Libals

Post by The Libals »

On my 93, I have full access to my furnace through a cupboard door underneath the fridge. My furnace quit this last summer and it turned out to be carbon buildup on the igniter and (thermistor? the part that sees the flame). Took me about 15 minutes and it was back to running.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”