What is the strangest height issue you've ever had?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Trisha

What is the strangest height issue you've ever had?

Post by Trisha »

I'll start with mine. Only one, I think. I pulled into a friend's house at 3 or 4 a.m. (stopped to help a disabled motorist on the Mass Pike and got delayed.)

Anyway, I pull in and just as I get up the drive, I notice a rope...right above the windshield. I stopped immediately, noticed it was strung across the driveway from the house to the clothesline. I had it very taut. I thought it would snap or pull off the house. So I jumped up to let my friends know.

Well, the cab door shut behind me and lo and behold, it was locked! The truch was running. It was 4 a.m. and I was in a strange driveway in New Hampshire with all my keys, wallet (including all the numbers for all the roadside assistance and lockouts), everything, inside, engine running and the bird in there and the heat on!

That was the first time I had to break into my rig. Called Ford who sent someone out. We had to break in (it's not that easy folks) the coach door. It took two hours and it was tropical inside the coach. The tropical bird didn't mind.

meanwhile we safely removed the line (which was for hooking the dog as it turnsout). And we laughed and hugged. What a bizarre way to arrive!

Trish
Mike Jean Bandfield

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

Funny story Trish - Funny in retrospect but probably not so funny at the time I'm sure.

About 12 years ago in our old RV (higher and wider than BF) my son and I were going to California's Lost Coast to Sinkyone Wilderness SP to take pictures, fish, backpack and sit on the beach for a couple of weeks. http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=429
Usal Rd in that area is quite primitive. On this trip the trim crew had not been there in some time and we found ourselves climbing up on the roof every 100 yards and triming tree limbs that blocked our passage. After an hour of very slow going my son suggested that he ride on the roof with the saw while I drive. And, that's what we did for the next several miles - he dodged and sawed limbs on top and hollered directions while I tried to scrape him off (not on purpose). I'm glad we didn't see any other traffic. Can you imagine talking your way out of that ticket? "I really am a very responsible parent officer. Seat belts? We were only going 3 miles an hour."

Mike

PS. If you get the chance, Sinkyone is a great place to visit for those who like the road less traveled. The area is known for some spectacular sunsets. We saw several green flashes while there and on another visit I saw a double sunset. Be sure and check road conditions and weather reports before hand. I wouldn't recommend taking a toad or trailer. Nor an RV if rain is expected during your visit to the park. And, oh ya, take a trim saw just in case.
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
leroy1937

Post by leroy1937 »

I'M 5 4 BUT BORN THAT WAY
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

For what it's worth...5'4 but not born that way :)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”