Here's Hoping

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Janet

Here's Hoping

Post by Janet »

Hoping the reports of 4" hail last night were wrong! If not, know that we are thinking of those great employees of Born Free who put on a great Homecoming Rally for us last week and hoping they were not badly damaged with the storms. You guys rock up there!
Ray

Post by Ray »

Sams right - 4 inch hail hit my roof once - not the neighbors - not the cars - not even my garden.

Unfortunently the insurance company would not believe me and I had to pay for my 40 year old roof replacement my self :)

Janet - Hoorah ! - Born Free Rocks - :D :D :D
whemme

Post by whemme »

Sam,

But what about a fire or tornado that completely destroys your home and no insurance?
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
stevek

Post by stevek »

Me too, no insurance.
Recently I contacted AAA, about getting insurance.
Figured it was about time..
They asked about the wiring.
I said old... screw in fuse box, knob and tube in attic.
Romex in walls.
AAA said no, they would not insure me.
So.... no insurance.

Between my folks and me, have lived in this house almost 70 years.
House has be remolded over the years.
70 years...No insurance. No problems.
If house need works, We just do it.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Ray

Post by Ray »

Fact is there are 2 reasons for no insurance #1 is if you have nothing in life and plan on never having anything in life - #2 if you are filthy rich.

No insurance? Maybe a good plan - But I have stuff and like my stuff - I also have to consider my family and need to be prepared to help if and when necessary.

Anf remember - Liability - That isnt a cheap 10K roof

Really wish I could just say screw everything and save the money - but at this point in my life I figure I just worked to darn hard for what I have - I cant play the roulette table with it.

BTW - Bill, Good comment but wasted - I will send you a PM and explain - Ray
Ray

Post by Ray »

Sam

I now see the disconnect.

I live in a house - not a shed.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”