Covering the windshield and front windows

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Barb & Ken...Yep! It's black in there when those curtains are up....but that's kinda the point for me...I want the privacy...course I have the 26' RSB Born Free & maybe that makes a difference. I do think they only come in black however. Yet, I agree with you & if there was a choice of colors (giving the same privacy factor) I would have probably chosen a color closer to the decor in my coach...
The only thing I have to add at this point is that the company is one of the friendliest that you'll find out there. Matter of fact, I think it's a family run organization. My experience with them was just extremely positive & if I had the choice to make again....Yes..I'd buy their product. It's worth the money & does the job....
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I ordered a set of the Heat Shields for the windshield and side windows. A week later the package showed up via UPS and it had 2 windshield covers and no side window covers. A quick phone call had the side covers on their way, and they told me to keep the extra windshield cover. The cost of shipping from NJ to CA was not worth it.

They fit real good, easy to install and remove. It's not too hot here right now, but I think with the reflective film and the insulating material, it will keep the inside somewhat cooler.

Thanks for the info, whoever originally posted it.

John
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

That was me. :wink:

I use mine all the time in my BFT, even when away from home. I am very happy with them. They reflect the heat and provide privacy too. The HeatShield people are very nice too. When I broke (due to rough handling) one of the suction cups off of one of the side window Shields, I gave them a call and they had a package of 12 replacements to me in the mail that day at no cost to me. Great customer service.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Thank you Bill. :lol:

John
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

I know this is an older thread but we finally got a chance to use our Easy Curtains and I am a believer! They went up in less than two minutes and blocked out all signs of activity in the coach even after dark with all the interior lights on. From the outside you see only a tiny slit of light around the opening for the mirror...in my case my 7" rearview camera monitor.

We are happy campers! So much better than the standard curtain between the coach and the cab. It gives you more room for "stuff" while camped so you can move stuff around to the cab area without sharing your underwear choices with your neighbors.
Bogiesmom

Post by Bogiesmom »

It's nice to hear you are enjoying the "Easy Curtains", since we have ordered them for our soon to be BFT which should be off the assembly line around May 3rd. We can't wait to get the official word to come pick it up and join the ranks of Born Free Owners.
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I'd love for someone to post photos of these so we could all see them in action!

Trish
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

We are going to Paso Robles next week. I will try to remember to take some inside photos of the curtain.

Now I just need someone to remind me. :wink:
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I just saw earlier in the thread that the website was posted and they have photos there. So you don't have to remember now ! <grin>

I had a Mesh screen set made for my windows. It's dark gray, nearly black. They snap on to the outside. During the day, I can see out and nobody can see in. At night, I close the curtain that came with the rig, for privacy. But I can have the curtain open during the day and still have my privacy. It also blocks a lot of the heat, and i love the fact that I can see through them during the day, so it's like having very tinted windows...but without losing the view.

I would feel claustrophobic with the ones in this thread... I guess that's why to each his own.

Trish

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”