Fan noise...first instance

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

richnwendy

Post by richnwendy »

First time this happened...stopped to set up site. All systems off, but fan noise coming from behind generator toward middle of rig. Can't figure out source. Ideas? We had been driving steady in 95 degree heat with a/c on in cab. A cooling fan under rig? Another question on hydraulic levelers in next post. Thanks for any help.
2014 23' Freedom (2nd BF)
Re-starting retirement
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

That's the fan that keeps the charger/convertor cool. It will cycle on and off.
richnwendy

Post by richnwendy »

Thank you, O'Briens! Each trip we learn something new. So great to have this community forum...reassuring to say the least.
2014 23' Freedom (2nd BF)
Re-starting retirement
Ray

Post by Ray »

Could also be inverter/charging cooling fan if you have one and were using it.
oliverpsmile

Post by oliverpsmile »

A Note: Rich is asking for fan noise under the rig. The charger fan is in the house.
Oliver P Smile
2005 26ft RSB
Ray

Post by Ray »

Sorry - Thought the new inverters were mounted under the coach just back of the generators - Believe they are Outback inverters and was told they did this to reduce in coach noise.
ddpjep

Post by ddpjep »

My inverter is not an Outback but is inside my 2013 coach and the fan runs all time when the inverter is turned on. I turn it off to stop parasitic battery drain unless I am hooked up to shore power or charging the batteries from the generator or need to run something needing 110 volts AC.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Hey Dean

Do you use the inverter that much for 110 volt ?
ddpjep

Post by ddpjep »

Ray wrote:Hey Dean

Do you use the inverter that much for 110 volt ?
Ray, We use the inverter to make coffee, make diet milk shakes, vacuum the carpets, run the hair dryer on low, power up electronics to access the Internet, recharge electric tooth brush batteries and cell phones and Kindles, power an electric drill, run outside lighting, and rarely to watch TV. When dry camping the generator and inverter acting as a smart charger can recharge the batteries in an hour and a half.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”