2015 Born Free Factory Rally

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

randallrae

Re: 2015 Born Free Factory Rally

Post by randallrae »

Bill

Yesterday I clicked on the Rally link and there was a sign up sheet , however I had some problems signing up and had to call the factory . They thought they fixed the sign up sheet , but I see today they have removed the sign up sheet temporarily to repair it .

Randy
2012 25' rb
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I have a conflict and cannot attend this year. Sam references a $50 fee. Is that correct? I thought there was no charge.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
whemme

Post by whemme »

Dallas Baillio wrote:I have a conflict and cannot attend this year. Sam references a $50 fee. Is that correct? I thought there was no charge.
Yes Sam is correct. If you check the post in the section titled 2015 Born Free & Lazydays Factory Sponsored Rallies for the 2015 Born Free Factory Homecoming Rally, you will find that the Born Free factory has listed a fee of $50/person to attend this rally.
Last edited by whemme on Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
whemme

Re: 2015 Born Free Factory Homecoming Rally

Post by whemme »

I received a communication from the Born Free factory today indicating that the $50/person fee to register for the 2014 Born Free Factory Homecoming Rally is being reconsidered and may be eliminated. I will post here later when a final decision by the factory is announced.

Currently the factory's registration form for this rally as linked to on the post for this rally has been temporarily pulled.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Ray

Post by Ray »

Just wanted to say - I dont mind the $50.00 at all. I didnt even give it a second thought when I saw that. Of course I suppose free is better, But if Born Free wish's to ask for the minimal fee of $50.00 I am more than willing to accept that with no complaints what so ever. As many know the factory rally is a great time with great people.

I am thinking they might waive the fee if you buy a 2016 Born Free ?????????? :D
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

I can understand a fee when you consider all they do for us at these rallies , and the considerable expense . The fee can also help to reduce the number of participants if it begins to grow to large .
2012 25' rb
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

If I could attend I would not let $50 stand in my way. I am sure it is an expensive undertaking for the factory. Per person cost I expect is more than $50. I have thoroughly enjoyed the event and come to appreciate the motorhome and the team that builds them. I've learned a lot in the process and had a lot of fun. Ethically my paying to attend would make me feel better about being there as I don't expect to be able to ever afford a new BF. What they spend on me they are very unlikely to recoup in profit.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Ray

Post by Ray »

Very well said Dallas, I feel the same - Thank You, Ray
Fortyniner

Post by Fortyniner »

We do not mind paying the $50 per person. We think it is worth every penny for the 3 days of fun, food and entertainment. You can't get that anywhere else for that price. Not to mention the fellowship with all the other owners and friends you made through the years.
Tom & Helga Schmidt
iowaride

Post by iowaride »

We agree that $50 is a small price to pay for all the fun and friendship.
Bill and Sharon
east coast Iowa
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

We totally agree with the previous posts. Even though Born Free feels like family, it is a business with a bottom line. And they put on a wonderful event!!
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
ddbowen

Post by ddbowen »

Agreed! The entertainment alone is a $50 value. We had a wonderful time last year and plan to return in 2015.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”