2015 Born Free Factory Rally

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dan Gilmore

Post by Dan Gilmore »

Has the date for this rally been established? If so, I need to know the dates for planning. I could not attend this year's rally due to conflict. Thanks in advance.
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

They have been scheduling them the first week in June.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
whemme

Post by whemme »

I would call the factory to find out if they have set a definite date for next year.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
ddpjep

Post by ddpjep »

Dan Gilmore wrote:Has the date for this rally been established? If so, I need to know the dates for planning. I could not attend this year's rally due to conflict. Thanks in advance.
tomzleapin wrote:They have been scheduling them the first week in June.
whemme wrote:I would call the factory to find out if they have set a definite date for next year.
The factory rallies have been scheduled to be in the second week of June the past three years and it will probably be the same for 2015.

The factory and all of its offices are closed the week of June 30 through the July 4th weekend for the employees to have some time off.
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

I must be brain dead. Second week in June is correct. I was there and still can't remember.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
CuJo's Pride

Re: 2015 Born Free Factory Rally

Post by CuJo's Pride »

We have never attended a rally before and want to attend the Humbolt one. Is there a limit on how many coaches can attend? When does the registration need to be sent in?

Thanks for the info..
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

They take reservations after the first of the year . The more the merrier , no limit .
2012 25' rb
stevek

Post by stevek »

Sam..What about hookups?
Do they have enough for unlimited coaches?
All I really care about is electricity.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
whemme

Post by whemme »

Adding more info to what Sam Ryan posted above.

I have always stayed at the Humboldt County Fairgrounds during Born Free factory homecoming rallies. The fairgrounds are located approximately 1-1/2 miles SE of the factory and offers fairly level grass camping with electric and water hookups and the charge the last several years has been $10/night. There is a sewer dump site close by. Refer to the contact info and the location map in the top two graphics attached below.

The factory has a limited supply of hookup sites located directly across Highway 169 to the west but you most likely would have to get there 1 or 2 days early to grab one of those sites on a first come first served basis. The factory offers a much larger area for dry camping just east of the factory.

Another RV park in the area is the Joe Sheldon Park located approximately 2-1/2 miles SW of the factory just off the south side of Highway 3. Info on this RV park is shown in the bottom two graphics attached below.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.27.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.27.26 PM.png (77.37 KiB) Viewed 17199 times
Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.33.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.33.55 PM.png (261.9 KiB) Viewed 17199 times
Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.54.22 PM.png
(156.36 KiB) Downloaded 1001 times
Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 12.54.44 PM.png
(52.35 KiB) Downloaded 1001 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

If one stays in a campground two miles away how does one get to the "action" without a towed vehicle? Where does the rally actually take place?
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
bfadmin
Site Admin

Post by bfadmin »

If you don't have a toad, then it would probably be best to camp either in the area directly west across Highway 169 from the factory or their dry camping area on the east side of the factory. All rally activities take place at the factory site in their large motor coach show room. Some activities take place outside just to the south of the show room. Some attendees that camp at the two RV parks listed in my post above just unhook and drive to the factory - they seem to have plenty of parking areas around the factory for those that want to do that.
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org
Ray

Post by Ray »

Sam - How do you have so much info if you have never been there ???????
jeleuen

Post by jeleuen »

A toad is not required at the factory rally. The factory provided a shuttle bus from the local campgrounds to the factory site. It operated thru out the day.
The more the government provides, the more it is our Master.
jeleuen

Post by jeleuen »

Also electric sites at the factory are reserved and available for those with valid medical needs like a CPAP or other. For others, running the gen for about two hours a day keeps batteries up. A/c not required in early June.
The more the government provides, the more it is our Master.
Ray

Post by Ray »

When did they do you this? I never saw a shuttle and I hav3 been there the last two years

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”