Wheel hub caps

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bigredo1

Wheel hub caps

Post by bigredo1 »

I have a 98 BF and I took it in to have the wheels balanced and they took off the wrong nut the cap. Well I found a new one. They have all the caps that we might need $49.00 and free shipping it looks good ... RVWeel.com ...I hope this helps some one............. :D
Email: sales@RVWheel.com
Dallas Baillio

Re: Wheel hud caps

Post by Dallas Baillio »

$49 is out of line if you are speaking of the chrome covers that fit over the nuts that hold the wheel covers in place.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

It's really out of line since the shop that did it should replace it. I think the $49 is for the complete cover.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

The moral to remember is: Never let a tire Jockey near your wheels until you have explained the difference between function and decoration of the lug look-alike's. These wheel covers are unique and not well received by tire jockeys, so do Not turn the job over to a person without supervision.
They will all protest that they know what they are doing, but so did the freebee grabbers at the last federal election.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Bill - Good advice

BTW - I had a wheel jockey bend one of my rims by not lining up the locating pin on the back dual and trying to torque it down with a very powerful impact wrench.

You got to watch them.
bigredo1

Re: Wheel hub caps

Post by bigredo1 »

All I can say if you can get a hub cap any cheaper let me know..... And when it was done I was 500 miles from home and did not see it till I got home BOY YOU JUST CAN`T HELP SOME...................... ITs nice to know what members are like in here
Ray

Post by Ray »

Bob - I sent you a PM, Ray
bigredo1

Post by bigredo1 »

Boy I don`t know how this post got so out of line All I was letting you know where I found a good hub cap at good price nothing to do with nut covers or how to take the hub cap off or how to fix it..........When I was up at BF two weeks ago they told me good luck finding one so when I found a lot of them I thought I would let you know ..........That is all there is to this post................
Ray

Post by Ray »

Bob - Stats on your post are about 10 posts and over 100 reads - I am sure your information is appreciated and will help folks out.

I for one am going to contact them and see what the have - I have a damaged front liner that looks like it hit a curb or something - if I can get one for around $50 I will replace it

Thanks, Ray
Ray

Post by Ray »

Bob - Wanted to let you and others know, I emailed them today and got a almost immediate response. Went out in the rain and took a couple pics and sent them back to them. Got a response a little later - they said no problem at all and offered me the two options - bolt on or clip on - $49 bucks including shipping

They said the only thing they could not do is provide the original decal - which they told where to go to get one if I wanted

Sounds like a pretty darn good company

Thanks, Ray
bigredo1

Post by bigredo1 »

I am so glad that it helped you They were good to me............................ :D
whemme

Post by whemme »

Born Frees on Ford E350 and E450 chassis since sometimes starting in the 90's were equipped with hub caps made by the Dicor Corporation. By the way, the formal name for those hub caps actually were known as wheel liners. And the wheel liners installed on E350 & E450 chassis were Dicor Versa-Liners.

You can click on the following Dicor website link to access their step by step Wheel-Parts-Finder info: https://www.dicorproducts.com/Wheel-Parts-Finder/

Another source of replacement parts for Dicor Versa-Liner Wheel Covers is located in the Technical Library section on this forum in a post titled Replacement parts for Dicor Versa-Liner Wheel Covers.

The direct clickable website link for this post is: http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... =18&t=1865
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Vlamgat

Post by Vlamgat »

Since this thread already exists....

Anyone out there got a solution to retaining the rear hub caps for the Alcoa aluminum outside duallies as fitted to the 13 and 14 coaches. I have lost mine on both sides, twice which at $100+ a pop is crazy cost for what is actually just bling.

My current solution is to tape the retaining springs around the 8 of the 10 wheel nuts in the cap with electrical tape and then add a reinforcing tie wrap on the outside of the tape. It makes them very difficult to put on requiring a heavy kick with my size 11s. Of course I may not be able to get them off now without breaking them so I was wondering if there is a better way?

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”