Trim/veneer inside cabinet openings

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

baxmd

Trim/veneer inside cabinet openings

Post by baxmd »

Just returned from our 2nd journey to the Midwest. This time was less adventurous with only a leak to contend with and a big ding on a compartment door. Thanks to Ben for providing details on a previous post and calling to walk us through the process of repairing the leak. A call to Kim to order a replacement door will handle the other issue.

A minor issue for sure, but on the inside of the overhead cabinet openings and the pantry, the veneer trim is coming off. I've used super glue and wood glue with no long-term success. I'm about ready to get out the staple gun, but thought I'd run it by club members first. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tom and Paula
Tom and Paula
2005 24RB
randallrae

Re: Trim/veneer inside cabinet openings

Post by randallrae »

They usually use contact cement .
2012 25' rb
tomzleapin

Re: Trim/veneer inside cabinet openings

Post by tomzleapin »

I've had good luck with Loctite PL Premium construction adhesive. You can buy it in either the standard caulking tube or squeeze tube like toothpaste.

Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”