Replacing Shurflo Water Pump

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Rob

Replacing Shurflo Water Pump

Post by Rob »

During a short dry camp vacation I noticed my pump leaking. Using towels and careful attention we were able to
stay for all 3 days. Have since ordered replacement and just received it yesterday.

Anyone have advice on preparation for replacement? Like drain fresh water tank? etc. Tips etc.

Thanks
Rob and Joan Beery
2003 24RB
whemme

Re: Replacing Shurflo Water Pump

Post by whemme »

Rob,

If you look at the water line feeding the water pump from the fresh water tank, I think you will find a shut off valve in the line fastened to the floor. Just shut that valve off when you replace the pump. You may still get a little water on the floor just from the line from the valve to the pump but it won't be much. Just put a towel under the hose connector to the pump as you unscrew it to catch that small amount of water.

By the way, how did your PD4655 Charger/Converter installation go?
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Rob

Re: Replacing Shurflo Water Pump

Post by Rob »

It has been so hot and dry here that I have stayed out of the BF.
Wanted to do the conversion right after receiving the replacement from Best Converter.
First cooler day and I will attempt it.

Thanks as always for all your help
Rob and Joan Beery
2003 24RB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”