Small Appliances ?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CuJo's Pride

Small Appliances ?

Post by CuJo's Pride »

Hi all

Being newbies at this we are trying to figure out which small appliances would be be the most useful in our coach, so we are turning to you. We don't want to start purchasing a bunch of items like blenders, toasters or any counter type appliances that we will never use and will stay in their storage spot taking up usable space.

We would appreciate hearing from you regarding which small appliance you can't imagine not having in your coach.

Thanks
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
stevek

Re: Small Appliances ?

Post by stevek »

A small George Foreman Grill.
Great for inside or outside.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Coffee maker and toaster.
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I've found a drip coffee maker or a French press to be more versatile than a Mr Coffee type. On the road without an electrical connection either is more convenient.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Dude

Post by Dude »

Are you Camping or RVing? I have a percolator coffee pot that goes on top of the stove. I have an electric toaster (used twice in 2 years) in my BF only because the previous owner left it there and the PO before him left it in there as well. One of the other guys I camp with has a battery operated blender for margharita's but I've only seen him break it out once on a camping trip in the 5 years I've been camping with him.

On the other hand I use my Dutch Oven to cook almost every camping trip. Pie Irons have been used twice (three times after this weekend)since Christmas with more usage expected in the future. I have a popcorn popper for over the fire that gets used a few times a year. Marshmallow sticks and Hot Dog sticks are a must at any campsite IMHO.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

This is wonderful, I'm making a list. We will be doing both camping and RVing. Do any of you ever have a need for a toaster oven? They are bigger and would take up more space but versitile, maybe? I hadn't even thought of the GF grill.
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Ray

Post by Ray »

Good suggestion - I bought a toaster/oven/broiler for the boat years ago and use the heck out of it - have not got one for the RV yet - but it works great - only con on mine is it doesn't take standard pans - bummer :(

allot of folks are getting those single burner induction units - I have a few friends that say they are great - I don't have one yet, basically cause all my pans, boat/house/RV are aluminum - and you need to use steel pans on the induction - least that's what I have been told

I do have a kinda rare George foreman table lp grill - and the plate flips over for griddle use - easy to clean - takes small lp cans or with adapter larger, con on that is no lid for use when cooking - also have a single burner butane unit that works nice for out side

I always try to keep the heat on the outside

I don't drink coffee so don't know anything about that
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

excuse the double post - wish we had a delete button
Last edited by David and Susan Bratt on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

We have a small hand held vacuum, a hair drier and an air compressor. We use an Aero Press for coffee - it's much easier to clean than a French Press and makes The Best Coffee Ever.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

I have never heard of an Aero press for coffee. I will have to check that out. I have truly appreciated all your suggestions ! We are heading out for a week and a half in Sept. which will be the longest trip so far. So it's time to get the RV ready to go. There were things I hadn't even thought of so thanks you all very much. If something else comes to mind, please post. Now it's time to go shopping for a few items. Sorry Curt :)

Thanks

Jo and Curt
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Dude

Post by Dude »

I just thought of something last night as I was preparing to go camping this weekend. I was putting away the dishes in the house and saw the crock pot in the cabinet and thought to myself....I'm going to need it for the Pot Luck this weekend. I use it while camping so often that I think I am just going to get another one and leave it in the camper.

This was a test run of making a meatloaf hand for my Halloween Rally in October.

Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

Matt, the meatloaf hand is awesome ! I thought of a crockpot a while ago thinking while on the road I could set it in the sink and have dinner going. Never thought of doing meatloaf though. I may have to make a meatloaf hand someday. That would surprise Curt when I cut off a finger for him to eat !! Love it...

Thanks
Curt and Jo
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Ray

Post by Ray »

Like it ! :D :D
Ray

Post by Ray »

Removed double post - identical to the post above.

bfadmin-2
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

crockpot
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”