TV reception

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bill crommett

Two things

Post by bill crommett »

Does anyone have an address to contact Wingard? I tried for an hour last night, but it appears they don' t want questions or comments. I am trying to find how much of a foot-print the RV 3095 assembly has because I will need to have it fit in along side my King Dome. Even the package the Winegard comes in does not have a foot-print measurment or diagram. If any one is in the mood for climbing, I would appreciate a few measurements.

Second thing: Once while traveling we stayed at a campground where the exit sign said: "Steps up, antenna down, wife aboard, Kids sent COD "
bcope01

Re: Two things

Post by bcope01 »

bill crommett wrote:Does anyone have an address to contact Wingard?
Try this for email/phone/snail mail: http://www.winegard.com/contact.htm

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
bcope01

Re: Two things

Post by bcope01 »

bill crommett wrote:I am trying to find how much of a foot-print the RV 3095 assembly has because I will need to have it fit in along side my King Dome. Even the package the Winegard comes in does not have a foot-print measurment or diagram. If any one is in the mood for climbing, I would appreciate a few measurements.
Will this help? Also check the website provided in the post above. The manual for the antenna has a template on page 7 for drilling the holes, and gives the clear space needed to the rear to lower the antenna.

Bill
Attachments
winegard specs.jpg
winegard specs.jpg (18.49 KiB) Viewed 9590 times
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
bill crommett

rv3095

Post by bill crommett »

Thanks Barb and Bill: I always maintained that anyone named Bill can't be all bad.

So there is a template in the instructions manual ? Why couldn't the man at camping world find that?.
I will just have to go back again and look at the manual myself .
bcope01

Re: rv3095

Post by bcope01 »

bill crommett wrote:I will just have to go back again and look at the manual myself .
Why not look at the manual here?

Click on the attachment Download below.

Bill
Attachments
winegard.pdf
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 664 times
Barb & Bill

Escondido, CA
Brent

Post by Brent »

As to a warning for the antenna being up.

I have an orange warning sign that says "antenna is up" (got it at camping world). It has a clip on it and I fasten it to the sun shade on the driver's side before putting the antenna up. When you set in the driver's seat it is between your eyes! It's worked for 7 years.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
BornFree_n_Now

Batwing Antenna in Upright Position

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Picture of Batwing antenna in upright position ~~

http://www.homestead.com/storageunit/fi ... enna03.jpg
http://www.homestead.com/storageunit/fi ... enna02.jpg

Additionally, we have been happy with the mount location and performance of our CB antenna which is also visible in the referenced pictures ~~ no holes to drill in quarter panel and rides/talks well.

Mammoth Lakes 07-27-06
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
Judy Harris

Post by Judy Harris »

Does anyone know if you can use the Winegard on a 26' RSB with a Kingdome? I would love better reception but would hate to give up CNN and TWC, when we have a "clear view of the southern sky". In that regard, we were just told today out here in the woods that the trouble with our local satellite is a tree that has grown and will need to be cut down! Oh what I do to get Detroit sports on local Fox in northern Michigan! Actually, after all of the time in northern Canada I am sort of weaned off of tv. We always had this one quirky Canadian station, no matter where we were, that had some news and weather and a bizarre mix of American sitcoms.
bill crommett

Batwing

Post by bill crommett »

Judy: We also have a Kingdome, but it is un-used because it is one of the "on the go" models and I have not mastered the use of it. Which is no problem because we don't much care for the increasingly obnoxious commercials that keep interupting the laughtrack sitcoms. So, I am in the proces of getting a Winegard batwing installed as soon as I find out what space the base-plate will require. Acording to the Winegard link that was posted a couple of days ago, the base plate takes up only ten inches of width, so there should be plenty of room. Post your results.
Bill

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”