Rims

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ray

Rims

Post by Ray »

Anyone know of a better deal for a new rim for a 2001 E450 BF? Its for the spare.

I can get a 16x6 from Parts Geek for $55 plus shipping
stevek

Re: Rims

Post by stevek »

Good topic Ray.
I am also looking for a Rim. For my 2011 E350 For my spare.
To carry under my couch.
What about just going to a junk yard?
Will a rim that fits yours, also fit my BF?
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Ray

Post by Ray »

I was thinking junk yard - but then I thought I would have to check and make sure its not bent - then it will probably be a little rusty.

I guess I figured I would check on the best deal new and then the junk yard price - if the price isnt all that much different I will go for the new.

And I do have to remember - I will probably never use it.
whemme

Post by whemme »

Ray,

You might want to read my post titled Ford E350/E450 Chassis Wheel Rims in the Technical Library section on our website. It lists both Accuride and Ford P/N's for both the 4 hole and 8 hole rims used on the Ford E350/450 chassis.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Ray

Post by Ray »

Thanks Bill - I still get everything screwed up trying to search the site :? - someday I will learn - I will look at this for sure, Ray
Ray

Post by Ray »

Just bought a new rim for the spare from Parts Geek - $63.68 for a new steel painted rim, includes shipping - It is aftermarket and not OEM - Figured it would be good for the spare - They sell a ton of them.
stevek

Post by stevek »

I would say that is a real good buy Ray.
Do you think it would fit my 2011?
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Ray

Post by Ray »

I dont think the same rim I bought will fit yours based on what Bill said - But I am sure they have rims for yours also.

Below is a cut from Bills post - The Parts Geek stock numbers are different, they told me they have their own stock numbers for warehousing. I took the Ford number Bill provided and asked them to cross reference to see if it was the rim I was looking for and they said it was.

Not sure what the difference is - if its size or style - but Bill said that 2008 up were different - see below.

When I was looking up my rim I saw where they had a 4 hole option that would fit mine also

------------------------------------

My rims on my 2000 Ford E450 chassis were manufactured by Accuride and is the version with 8 vent/hand holes. The current Accuride P/N for that rim is P/N 29579 and the Ford P/N is F8UZ1015AA and is light gray in color.

Another similar rim that will fit but has 4 vent/hand holes is Accuride P/N 29580 and the Ford P/N is 8C2Z1015F and it also is light gray in color.

These two rims will work on Ford E350 & E450 chassis up thru model year 2007. For model year 2008 and later, the Ford P/N for the rim used is 8C2Z1015G, has 4 vent/hand holes, and is white in color rather than gray.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Good news - Bad news?

Good news - ordered rim yesterday and its on my front porch today
Good news - it includes the valve stem

Bad news - it appears to be made of thicker steel - wont know how much thicker until tomorrow when I measure it - I dont think that would cause a problem except that it seems heavy.
cmeadows

Post by cmeadows »

This gentleman has Accuride wheels 29398 (same as 29579 just older):

16in Ford F350 F450 F550 E450 OEM steel Wheel Rim dually ACCURIDE 29398
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16in-Ford-F350- ... 1277636857

He also has used front and rear Roadmaster anti-sway bars:
(these may fit more years than he has listed)

REAR ROADMASTER ANTI-SWAY BAR KIT 1139-147 FORD E450 2008-2012 COMPLETE KIT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-ROADMASTER ... 1299311613

FRONT ROADMASTER ANTI-SWAY BAR KIT 1139-115 FORD E450 1997 - 2008 COMPLETE KIT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201153867210?ss ... 1423.l2649
Chuck & Laura Meadows
'99 24RB PSD
Ray

Post by Ray »

Sorry - Have not checked the rims on the RV yet - But the one I bought from Parts Geek for about $64 - is new, nicely painted gray, made in china and has some kind of DOT number stamped in rim - if that means anything to anyone I can post it.

My concern is the thickness of the hub material - I know it is thicker than the OEM rims I have on the RV - This one measures about .312 in thickness - The concern would be that the wheel liners are not held on by much more than a few threads - so if you put two of these thicker rims on the back there may not be enough threads left to put the wheel liners on.

If anyone has their OEM factory spare handy they can measure the thickness and see what it is - I havent had a chance to pop one of my wheel liners yet and measure it.

In my case I think it will work fine cause its just for the spare.
cmeadows

Post by cmeadows »

Ray,
I measured an Accuride wheel and it was .310" so you should have plenty of room to install the wheel liner with a .312" rim.
Chuck & Laura Meadows
'99 24RB PSD
Ray

Post by Ray »

Thanks Chuck

I feel better about it now. I was sure the new rim was thicker but maybe my eyes and two finger pinch wasnt a very good micrometer for checking the rim on the RV. :) I couldnt get a mic in there to check one on the RV with the liner on and I have been busy getting things ready for a trip.

I didnt want anyone taking my suggested source until it was checked out.

Thanks again
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

I have a rim and an unused Michelin tire that I bought for my 2004 BFT to carry in my toad.
Since I will no longer being using the toad I have no place to carry the spare. Therefore it is for sale .
It has never been exposed to the weather and is presently taking up space in the garage.
For price, how about $100.00 for the two ? Pick up at my place in Seneca, SC.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”