norcold reset?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Mary L

norcold reset?

Post by Mary L »

While out traveling in hot AZ our norcold refrigerator got the dreaded no co message and wouldn't turn back on. When we got home I did some research and found that this is a common problem and that maybe a hard reset will fix the unit. We have a 2004 RB and I don't know if we should try resetting the unit or just put in a new refrigerator. We plan on keeping this RV forever. We traded in our very old Bornfree (74) for this one.

The husband wants me to ask you too, How much air do you put in the rear air bag suspension? Like I said before we live in Arizona and it's in the 100,s now.

I know I can count on you to give me some good advise!
We attended the Born Free Rally in Tucson this past April, at least I think it was in April, and meet some great people.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions regarding the refrigerator. Oh,,, and if we replace it,,, what kind would be best?

Regards,,,,,,,,,,,Mary
Ray

Re: norcold reset?

Post by Ray »

Mary

The hard reset is relatively easy to do. Requires a jumper wire - I have my jumper wire stored right in back of the refrigerator inside the access door.

I decided to stick it out with the occasional faults cause a new one costs so much.

You may have a different situation but mine faults out when I am parked to long in a unlevel condition - seems to be primarily when the drivers side is low - and it really dosnt take that much.

Driving down the road seems to be fine

Cant remember now but I think you can electronically reset the first time - then you have to do the hard reset

If it gets to be to big of a pain I will eventually replace it - and it wont be a norcold

I think BF stopped putting these in - one of the reasons may have been because of this.

If you need the tech maintenance manual or procedure let me know and I will look it up and send it to you.

Ray
hindeb

Re: norcold reset?

Post by hindeb »

My Norcold gave the same panel error 2 years ago. You can download the service manual that will give you examples of all the diagnostic information that is available from the 3 buttons. For me, the hard reset would only work for about an hour and then go back to the "NO CO" error. I ended up removing the unit and discovered a very strong ammonia odor at the top of the piping on top of the evaporator high pressure tubing. I ordered a 'rebuilt' cooling unit and replaced the leaky one. It was not too hard to do, but probably not a job for the faint of heart. There are U-tube videos on how to replace the absorptive unit. If i were to do it again, I probably would not settle for just a rebuilt OEM unit, but would spend the extra money and get an Amish unit.
Bruce & Teresa Hinde
Steamboat Springs, CO
2004 26RB Diesel
2001 Jeep Wrangler

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”