Traveling with A Weber Grill

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

NathanCook

Traveling with A Weber Grill

Post by NathanCook »

Does anyone have a solution to our problem? We enjoy our small (15"dia) Weber grill and would like to take it on cross country trips. The problem is that we can't find a way to transport it without taking it inside the coach. Our RB24's storage compartments are just too small to hold it. There must be a way to attach it to the outside that is not too ugly or dangerous. Any ideas?
Nathan
Rob

Re: Traveling with A Weber Grill

Post by Rob »

Nathan,

I have a 24RB and travel with the Weber Propane grill called GO-ANYWHERE. It's small, compact and always
works. I use it with the small canisters that screw on to the connection at the side of the grill.
Have had it for about 10 years. Wouldn't be without it. Look on the Weber website for information.

Rob and Joan Beery
2003 24RB
Ray

Post by Ray »

Hey Nathan

I think there is a old Chevy Chase movie you might get some ideas from :D :D :D

I have kinda started accepting, "If it dont fit it dont fit". I just bought a different air compressor because none of mine would fit in the storage compartments on the BF. - BTW, I now have 6 air compressors :?
WardPAW

Post by WardPAW »

We use a Magma Stainless Steel 15" Grill. The grill was originally purchased to use on our boat. We purchased a shore stand for the grill that easily turns onto the bottom of the grill. The grills are a little more pricey than a Weber, but we had ours for 15+ years.

The grill easily fits into the storage compartment under the rear side bed, but could also be stored in the combustible liquids storage compartment. The stand folds and is stored inside the grill. A nylon cover bag keeps all of the grill parts together. The grill uses disposable propane bottles.

Links to vendors, but available from many others.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/magma-ma ... d-lid.html

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/magma--ma ... d--2794295

Happy grilling!
Ben Ward
2005 26 RSB, Diesel
RV Name: Lion PAW
Ray

Post by Ray »

Where is the combustible liquids compartment??
WardPAW

Post by WardPAW »

On our coach, the combustible liquids storage compartment is the fiberglass box on the passenger side, between the passenger door and the entrance door. The box hangs under the coach floor, so fumes and/or fire are less likely to get into the living area, if an incident were to occur.
Ben Ward
2005 26 RSB, Diesel
RV Name: Lion PAW
Ray

Post by Ray »

Ben - Thanks, I learn something every day

Sometimes I learn several things everyday :lol:

Thanks again
Ray

Post by Ray »

New info - Never noticed before - But, I was moving some stored stuff around and thought I should get the combustible liquids in the combustible liquids compartment - (I try to do things right once in a while :) :) ) - Anyhow, I never payed attention but my combustible liquids compartment as described above has a (faded) red sticker on the door from the factory that says "do not store flammable fluids in this compartment" :? :?

??????????????????????????
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

I would think you would want to store flammable liquids in a well ventilated area away from ignition sources.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Ray

Post by Ray »

Yeah, The more I think about it, A non ventilated compartment with combustible liquid vapors sounds kinda like a bomb - Ka'Boom :shock: :shock:

I guess I wasn't thinking - I know what vapors can do on a boat, I have actually have seen a couple after the fact - not pretty.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Ever heard of a Hitch-Q ? It is a BBQ that goes into your receiver hitch.

Personally I have a small propane grill that I either put in my storage box that I have in my receiver hitch (I store much more than the BBQ in there). My RV also has a factory electric grill that slides into a compartment under the rear bed. I have actually been meaning to get around to removing it since I prefer to cook over gas and I would gain more storage room.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”