Newest delimma!

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

JanetG

Newest delimma!

Post by JanetG »

NOW ive learned from Kim Olson that I need a stronger receiver hitch for my 95 BFT unit!

How do I know what size hitch???? need advice on THIS one now,,, please help!

I know ya'll are tired of hearing my bellyaching!

JanetG n TX

:oops:
karls

Re: Newest delimma!

Post by karls »

Measure the inside of the receiver, it's probably 2 inch. They don't come any larger/stronger than that.

The tow ball is on a two inch square tube that slides into the receiver. Maybe he was talking about that.

Check with the closest U Haul dealer. They know the business and will have what you need.
JanetG

Post by JanetG »

sadly, no, he meant the existing receiver hitch is not rated to tow over 3500 lbs.. and my jeep weighs 4500lbs. Sooooooooooo,,, I just went aahead and ordered a new hitch rated to 5000lbs. That oughta more than do the trick. sheesh this has been a hastle!

thanks for the quick reply!
whemme

Post by whemme »

Is it the existing hitch receiver itself that is limited 3500 lbs or is it the rear bumper structure to which the hitch receiver is mounted to that is limited to 3500 lbs?
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
JanetG

Post by JanetG »

the hitch is bolted/attached somehow to the bumper.. which is why it's not that heavyduty

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”