PD4655 or Ultra III

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Ray

PD4655 or Ultra III

Post by Ray »

Has anyone done a pro's and con's of these two converters - They are different but it is hard to get information. So far I think some of the difference's are:

Ulrtra made in China
Ultra does not have the PD4655 21 day 15 min boost to aid in desulfation (good or bad?)
Ultra does not have a button on the DC board to manually set charge mode (why would I need this?)
Ultra will not accept a remote tether for charge modes like PD4655 (again, why would I want this?)

One problem (as always) the products dont list the same spec sheets so you can compare,

Ultra makes a big deal about filtered dc power - didnt see anything on the PD4655 (again, do you need that?)

PD4655 lists allot of over current and under current protetions - didnt see that on Ultra (we know that is important)

and the list goes on - hard to compare - just wondering if anyone has comparison knowledge or more detail

Thanks
whemme

Re: PD4655 or Ultra III

Post by whemme »

Personally I would recommend the PD4655. It is currently priced at $205 at BestConverter.com vs $213 for the 55-amp Ultra III. Give Randy a call at BestConverter.com and ask his advice. He lists an 800 phone number on his website.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

I would favor the PD4655 if is made anywhere BUT China .
2012 25' rb
jimnphyl

Post by jimnphyl »

Most of what I’ve read about WFCO units are complaints, along with plans or recommendations to replace the WFCO with a Progressive Dynamics unit.
Jim & Phyllis

2000 24' Rear Bath

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”