Attaching an Add A Room

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

fourleos

Attaching an Add A Room

Post by fourleos »

Hi,
We camp in one spot for two weeks each year and decided to purchase a Dometic Add a Room. We didn't realize that they want you to drill into the side of the motorhome to attach the base for the Add a Room's fasteners. We have a 1991 26 foot BF. Does anyone know of a way to use an Add a Room that doesn't require drilling holes or has anyone successfully drilled holes for an Add a Room?
Thank you! Reni
mike&linda

Re: Attaching an Add A Room

Post by mike&linda »

You may be able to use Velcro to attach the base or the Add-A-Room it self. There are several attachment strengths depending on the weight of the material you attach. This is wonderful stuff, good luck! :D
1990 26' RSB Diesel
Dude

Post by Dude »

I used my add a room once. If I remember correctly it can still be used without screwing those thingy's to the RV. It may not have the best seal to keep the bugs out then but you can still use it.
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
fourleos

Post by fourleos »

Thank you for the suggestions, both sound like better options than drilling! Reni

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”