Where is everyone?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

bcope01

Where is everyone?

Post by bcope01 »

Boy this forum has been dead this weekend. You'd think people were at a rally or something. :)

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

You think??? :wink:
Barbara & Ken
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

We are Rally bound, spending tonight in Des Moines, Ia. before heading up to the "Pre Rally" in Fort Dodge tomorrow. Passed another BF heading into Des Moines earlier today. I'm hoping a number of the folks active on this site are heading in. It will be nice to attach a face to a name!

Sam, we were hoping you would be up here at the party. . .
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Yes, the pre-rally begins tomorrow. There are hookups there. Water and electricity anyway.

The Humbolt thing starts Thursday. I will go to that, not the pre-rally. I have only a 5 hour drive from home to get there so will leave thursday a.m. to go.

Sorry you don't enjoy crowds enough to come and socialize.

Trish
Linda Giuliani

Post by Linda Giuliani »

Sam, Poodles are at home in Texas. We figured there were too many "people" activities going on here in Iowa and that the dogs would be better off at home with Greg's son and wife looking after them.

I understand that the club will have a dinner catered by the Rib Cage, so even if we don't make it to the cafe, we will experience the food. It appears that our meals are pretty much taken care of for the week.

Our Colorado trip is totally a vacation. Greg actually does all his consulting from the coach, hence the need for our satellite internet connection. We are looking forward to doing some 4-wheeling with a few other BF owners. Dogs aren't invited on that trip either!

I'll be interested in seeing the "dog show" coach BF has built. I would like to carry wire crates for the dogs to stay in inside the coach, but the only real place to set them is on the rear side bed. Looks like that is where BF has designed the dog area.

We will have a rib or two in your honor. When in Iowa have you ever tried a pork tenderloin sandwich? It's like a chicken fried steak (battered and fried) but with a tender pork tenderloin instead of steak. I haven't found them anywhere else than Iowa, so I always load up them when I'm here. They are a childhod favorite. I'm only sorry this rally wasn't scheduled for sweet corn season!

Happy travels!
whemme

IOWA RALLY BEFORE HOMECOMING!

Post by whemme »

Reporting in Wednesday noon at the Iowa Rally Before Homecoming near Fort Dodge, IA. Wondering why the website is quiet? 78 Born Free coaches here and estimated 135 Born Free coaches will be at the factory Homecoming Celebration starting around noon tomorrow on Thursday.

At 12:00 noon on Thursday, the police will close Highway 169 between Fort Dodge and Humboldt and our 78 Born Frees will caravan the 20 miles up to the Born Free factory like a funeral procession not stopping for any stop signs or red lights - should be quite a sight!

Bill Hemme
Host for Iowa Rally Before Homecoming
whemme@avionicstraining.com
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Judy Harris

Post by Judy Harris »

Sure hope the rally and homecoming were a huge success! We couldn't attend, just got home late last night from a 7 week trip from MI to Alaska and have too many weeds to pull and flowers to plant before the 4th of July. The life on the road is seductively simple but the grandkids will all be here in five days and that is worth coming home for. The BF performed flawlessly through 10,000 miles, many of which were on sort of bad roads. She needs another new windshield though from two rocks on the last leg of the Alaska highway in BC., and yet another serious bath! We can't imagine a better motorhome for an Alaska trip. Good luck to all of you on the Alaska caravan - you will love it. But my goodness, the Yukon is huge! We started planning our fall trip on the last day of this one! Travel safely.

Judy Harris

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”