valves, valves, valves abnd hot water in galley

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Trisha

valves, valves, valves abnd hot water in galley

Post by Trisha »

I wish my manual had come with PHOTOS of the various valves and what they do. They aren't labelled and I ended up feeling very stupid by the end of my "walk through". There are so many things I had forgotten and had to go back and ask.

Wonder if we could add a few of these pictures to the Various BF Manuals?

For Example, here's the water valve setup on my floor:

Now I can't remember unless I open them and walk outside and look underneath or soemthing. I wish they had been labelled or this nifty picture had been included in my manual.

cCan anyone tell me specifically what the "question" valves are for? Will someone be at branson that can tell me specifically?

There is a reason for my need, slow water pressure (and much water pump work) in the galley when I need hot water (while using the tank.) I am wondering if I have something turned off that shouldn' tbe or ? It does come, but it seems to work too hard. But if I turn the valve with the hot, the pump runs continuously (and who knows where all that h20 is going?)

I would like to have a "supplemental" waltk through now...on the finer points, and on winterizing and on emptying/draining the hot water tank and troubleshooting some of these systems. Knowing where the piping goes and knowing what each valve is for.

Then I can take photos, and label them and add them to my manual.

Born Free is invited to buy the pics from me <g>

PatTrish
Mike Jean Bandfield

Re: valves, valves, valves abnd hot water in galley

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

PatTrish,

A picture is truly worth a thousand words. Thanks.

I think one valve drains the lines and tank on the supply side of the pump and the other 2 valves drain the hot and cold lines on the delivery side of the pump.

Regarding your slow flow, is it just hot water in the galley running slow?

If water is running slow everywhere look for a kinked line in or out of the pump, a blockage in the debris trap or a faulty pump. (The debris filter is right under your "Water Pump" label in your photo).

If just hot water runs slow everywhere look for a partially closed valve into or out of the water heater.

If hot or cold is running slow from selected faucets, you probably have a bad faucet or loose debris in the line. ( A piece of trimming drops, un-noticed, into the tubing during assembly - stuff happens.) It could also be a kinked or pinched line.

Mike

PS. You also have numerous valves around the water heater. With some pictures of those we can describe the bypass and winterizing process.
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
whemme

Post by whemme »

Trisha,

Are you going to be at the Bron Free Leap'n Lions RV Club National Rally in Branson, MO in October? If you are, myself and I would guess several other Born Free owners would be happy to go thru and explain all of the water valves to you.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

A couple of answers....

yes, it is ONLY the Hot water and ONLY the galley faucet that the Hot is slow. In the bathroom (lav and shower) it seems just fine. Good in fact. Very good.

And cold is fine.

This is hooked up to city water also.

I'll have to chck for something partially clogging a line?

Bill, yes I'll be at Branson. My idea is to have photos of all these things (especially the ones I don't do often) and label them and keep them in my book so that I can SEE. The schematic diagrams just don't translate to a 3D explanation somehow.

If BF is interesed, I'll be happy to share high-quality printable pages with them (that's what I used to do for a living...graphic design /digital prepress.)

See you in Branson. Maybe in Eureka Springs too....

I did get very familiar with the valves for switching back and forth between onboard potable water tank and city water...hooked up and unhooked and rehooked 4 times this past weekend. Got that one down.

The best, very best way to learn any of this stuff is to do it, repetitively. I can get most of my rig set up for camping now and hooked up in 15 minutes (provided that the CAMPGROUND provides the right hookups in the right places.) this last one, Jellystone at Sturbridge MA, the cable TV hookup was on one side of the site, and the sewer on the other, and the AC and H20 in the back. In order to have cable, I had to park so far into the middle of the site that my sewer hose didn't reach. Bought another 20' and a coupling thingy (now you know my priorities....lol....had to have the cable). I've been deprived of TV for so long that I really wanted something other than a few local channels.

Well, I've chatted enough. Waiting for the rain to slow again so I can dodge out and get back in the rig. I'm in the friend's house right now because their WiFi doesn't reach out to the BF :(

Pat

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”